Chapter Fourteen

Hey guys!

So my standardized testing is FINALLY over for the school year (yay!), and I think I did great yesterday. Woo!

I don't have much else to say here, but here's chapter fourteen. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a little drama in this chapter, oops.

Remember to follow @code_cherry on Twitter and Instagram, and to vote and comment for more. Enjoy ;D

JORDAN’S POV

“I’ll try my best, Bee,” I promised. “But I have to go, we’re recording in five minutes.”

“Okay, I trust you, Jordan,” she responded, her voice musical and sweet. “Good luck.”

“Thanks,” I answered, ending the call and muttering, “I’ll need it.”

At that pleasant thought, I clicked my way into the recording suite of the teamspeak, seeing H already on.

“Hey, man,” I greeted upon entry.

“Sup, Bayani?” he asked. “You ready for this, dude?”

“As I’ll ever be,” I admitted. “Just pray this works.”

“I already am,” H replied, just as the familiar “Users joined your channel,” echoed through the teamspeak. ThatOneTomahawk appeared on the user list.

“Hey, Tomahawk,” H said confidently. I wished I could share his enthusiasm. What’s wrong with you? I asked myself. Get your head in the game!

“H,” responded Tomahawk’s voice. Usually it was filled with sarcastic excitement; now it assumed the air of someone who really didn’t want to be here.

I cleared my throat. “Um… hi Tomahawk.”

“Bayani,” he muttered. My nerves deepened; he didn’t seem very happy with me.

Luckily, H butted in. “Ready for some SG?”

“Sure,” answered Tomahawk, though his tone said ‘let’s get this over with’.

“Join US 36,” said H, and I quickly found and right-clicked the sign. The lobby generated around me, and I glanced in the chat.

‘daHbomb has joined’

‘xBayani has joined’

‘ThatOneTomahawk has joined’

Good, we were all in the server. The last thing I needed right now was for someone not to get in.

And so the games began. H did the intro, and we were off. Tomahawk, of course, got to all the stuff before we did, but I noticed he specifically gave everything to H, who then gave stuff to me. I tried not to confront him directly; not during the recording, at least. Instead I mustered up as much enthusiasm as I could for the commentary, but H and I pretty much carried it for the whole game. Tomahawk, of course, beat us in deathmatch, and I watched as the fireworks exploded around corn.

“Thank you guys for watching and hope you have a nice day please BRAHHHH,” he stated his outro before we all ended the recording, though it seemed halfhearted.

“Hey Tomahawk,” I ventured nervously, before he could find some excuse to leave. “Can I talk to you? Please?”

A muffled sigh of frustration, and then, “Fine. What?”

Here goes. For Bee, I reminded myself. “I just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said to you that was offensive. I didn’t mean for anyone to get hurt that day, I swear.”

“Yeah?” he snapped back. “Well, it happened anyway. That whole fight was your fault, Bayani. And don’t try to deny it,” he added, anticipating my response. “It was because of you and Bee that we were all there in the first place. Don’t attempt to brainwash me with your ‘I’m sorry’ bullshit. It won’t work on me.” And with that, he left the teamspeak.

A small, shocked silence. “I’m sorry, man,” stated H after a few seconds. “I didn’t know he was that angry.”

I buried my face in my hands. I’d failed. “Don’t worry about it, H. It’s no fault of yours. If anything, it’s mine…”

ooooooh damn! There's some intense drama in this chapter!

So now Bayani is faced with what he considers a failure: he didn't get Tomahawk to their side, and trust me, he feels like crap about it, too. Also, he promised Bee, so now he feels like he DOUBLY failed. Oops xD

SIDE NOTE: I still had writer's block when writing this chapter (and I think I still do, too).

Vote and comment for more! Until next time!

~Cherry