Chapter Nineteen

What's up, guys? Welcome back! c:

So I seriously need your guys' help. After this chapter, there is only the epilogue, and so I need to get to work on my next story so I can stick to updating schedule. Problem is, I can't decide between a couple ideas. Do you think you guys could help me by telling me what you'd most want to read from me? (These are only rough plot ideas, nothing is for certain)

CHOICE A: Several of the Cube members are high-school age. They all go to one high school, and the main character moves to that high school, and slowly realizes that she's becoming friends with her favorite YouTubers. (I would be okay with doing this one, I think c:)

CHOICE B: Some sort of cross between a Cube fanfiction and a Mortal Instruments fanfiction (NOT my favorite)

CHOICE C: A Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic where all the characters are able to morph into human forms and blend into high school, all the while fighting against Eggman's world domination plans and using the Chaos Emeralds to continually reverse everyone's memory, until the main character comes with the special ability to resist Chaos Control, etc  (I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE FOR SOME REASON <3)

CHOICE D: A Cube fanfiction where the main character goes to a high school reunion and realizes her high school best friend is now a YouTube she's been obsessing over. She ends up making a YouTube and eventually a true member of the Cube, I think. (For some reason, I DO NOT really like this one either)

I'd love to hear your guys' opinon, but I'm probably going to end up choosing either A or C (leaning towards C a little!), so which one would you rather see as my next story?

Anyways, back to this story: here's the last REAL chapter. There will be an epilogue, though ^^

Remember to follow @code_cherry on Twitter and Instagram, and to vote and comment for this special last chapter! Enjoy!

JORDAN’S POV

How would Tomahawk react if I took that muffin of his…? I wondered in amusement as I eyed his plate of food. I’d already devoured most of mine, and was pretty much too lazy to go get seconds. 

The spot next to me was still empty. I wondered about Bee, and if she’d been okay sleeping alone last night. Despite the fact that we were just a few doors away, it made me nervous knowing she was in that hotel room by herself.

Just as I reached that conclusion, she appeared in the doorway. And she wasn’t alone.

Dul?

I hadn’t thought she was going to show after that teamspeak incident with Tomahawk; my surprise must’ve shown on my face, because TYBZI asked, “What? What’s up, Bayani?” and everyone at the table followed my gaze.

Beside me, Tomahawk’s fork fell to the table with a small clank.

Dul made eye contact and tried to back out of the room, but Bee gently urged her forward, saying words that we couldn’t hear, and soon enough they were sitting down: Bee next to me, and Dul on her other side.

The silence at the table was almost deafening, despite the noise around us, for nearly ten minutes. We all picked at our food unenthusiastically. Tomahawk’s muffin didn’t look nearly as appetizing anymore.

Finally, it was Tomahawk himself who spoke. “Dul…” he began, looking directly at her.

“Don’t.” Her voice was hard. 

“Look, I’m sorry for what I said,” he stated apologetically, his hands nervously messing with his silverware. “I didn’t mean to hurt you, Dul. I thought everyone had turned against me, and my only defense was to fight back. It was wrong of me. Please, forgive me.”

Another brief quiet. Then Dul sighed reluctantly. “I forgive you, Tomahawk, but not completely. I don’t think I can.”

He nodded awkwardly. 

Nobody spoke for a moment. Then TYBZI stood.

“Who’s ready for Minecon?”

~ Oh look another time skip >:D ~

Minecon was amazing… until the meet and greet we’d set up. We were one short, and every fan seemed to notice. It broke my heart a little each time to have to disappoint them, but there was nothing else I could do. We all noticed his absence, too. There were strange breaches in conversation that were unfilled without him. Our banter was not as smooth. I think it depressed us a little inside.

Eventually, we moved on to go view panels we’d wanted to see, still feeling the strange gap that couldn’t be filled. 

At around 6 PM, we were all leaning against the giant Steve statue.

“That was fun,” TYBZI pressed, trying to lighten the mood, but I sensed he, too, was upset. “Now we can all go out to dinner and have a fabtabulous day at Minecon tomorrow. It’ll be great!”

I nodded, only half listening.

“It feels so… empty without him with us,” said Grape at last, voicing all of our thoughts out loud. 

There was a general murmur of assent. I slipped my hand into Bee’s, hoping she couldn’t feel how much it was shaking.

Then came a shockingly familiar voice from behind us:

“You mean me?”

ooooh dayum! That has got to be one of the best cliffies I've ever written :D

I've already talked enough in the AN this chapter, so just expect the epilogue as the last upload, and it will have a link to whatever story I choose to write!

Vote and comment for our last bit of story! See you later!

~Cherry