Seven

Ten minutes the shower water fell upon a godess, waking her up from her short slumber. She gave me an apolgetic stare and pouted. I'm guessing for falling asleep.

She yawned and tilted her head to the side, her hair falling like a waterfall on the side of the tub.  And I couldn't help but notice that her legs is just conveniently open for me to just....

Not now, dirty thoughts.

Straightening my composure, I watched her tiny figure whine as she tried to balance herself onto the side of the tub.

Stifling a laugh, I lifted her up, gripping her hips so her chest was against me, assuring that she would not fall. She let out a sound of approval and let her arms cling around my neck. "Took... you long enough."

-'----

"Jason, hurry up! Your plane leaves fifteen minutes!"

"Okay okay!" He yelled back obviously angry, as the commotion upstairs gradually got louder and frenzy filled.

Jordan let out a little yawn and tried to balance herself on the heels of her feet. It was rather difficult to get her out the tub since I had to use a little "motivation" if you now what I mean to get her to stop complaining about how sore she was.

But even more harder than that was not bursting out into ridiculously goofy laughter at her state.

"What is wrong with you Jordan? Why are you so tired?" Mom inquired and I smirked, looking the other way.

"U-um.... Period cramps?" Sbe squeaked out as I rolled my eyes. Something was definitely in her stomach that made her queasy but it wasn't her period.

"Oh that's why you've been so moody today. Should've known." I snorted loudly and I get a harsh elbow to the side causing me to wince slightly.

For such a small girl she had a heck of an elbow.

"You feel better?" I snickered quietly as Mom occupied her eyes with her phone. "You know after your whole meltdown this morning because of cramps?" Before she could discreetly hit me again, Jason stumbled down the stairs with armfuls of his suitcases.

He sneered when he saw us and I backed away from her. "Need help with that?" I offered a smile and tried to grab his belongings but he swiftly jerked them back to him and I fell over not so gracefully.

He cleared his throat as if he was covering a laugh and stepped over me. "Are you okay?!" Jordan asked me. I nodded, letting her know that I was fine and dusted myself off.

"Apologize to your brother, Jason. Now."

"He is not my brother." He seethed and shot his gaze to Jordan.

I swear to God...

"And you." He chuckled bitterly, walking over to her and raised his hand like he was going to hit her. Jordan winced and looked up with fear in her eyes. Fear that should never be there.

Before my feet could catch up with my brain I was in his face, veins popping out of my forehead. I gripped his wrist and kept it away from Jordan.

"Don't touch her." I barked, shoving his body away from me and watching it collide with the nearby bookcase. Books upon books plunged down on top of him.

"I'm going to kill you!" He hissed, throwing the books off him and gritted his teeth together. He ran towards me and tackled me down to the ground and it escalated from there.

"Stop it you two now!"

"Kill me then!" I delivered a punch to his stomach and as he gasped for air, he is suddenly pulled off if me and I'm jerked up to my feet.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She slapped my cheek hard but made no attempt to slap her real son for getting her daughter's face.

She let out a shaky breath and crossed her arms. "I can't believe you, Cameron. You've never behaved like this before." I sighed out and ran a hand through my hair frustratingly. "We are not done talking about this, you hear me?" I clenched my teeth together and gave a solemn nod to her as she yanked Jason by the ear and hauled his suitcase out to the car.

What the hell had just happened? I had never been known to snap like that but when I thought about someone hurting her, didn't even give a damn if it was family or not, something just... triggered me. But I know this isn't right. I know now that I can't be with her, it causes too much stress.

I sighed out as Jordan came over to me, clasping my face in her tiny fragile hands.

How? How was I supposed to tell her?

"You idiot." She mumbled, kissing my nose. "You could've really been hurt." I pulled away, earning a rather surprised look from her. "We can't." I stated, giving a simple shake of the head.

"We can't what?"

"This. We can't, and I'm so sorry for not realizing this sooner but we can't. We can't be together, you understand..."

Tears welled up in her eyes faster than I could get the words out. Why did I feel like such a dick?

"R-right. You're right." She shrugged at me, pretending that she wasn't on the verge of a breakdown. I wanted to hold her, kiss her. Tell her that everything was fine and that we actually could be together but it would all be lies.

"Jay-"

"I gotta go. It's still my birthday and I have five minutes to beat them to the airport to talk to my brother.' There was a pause as if she was waiting for me to respond and when I didn't she exhaled sharply.

"See ya, brother."