Epilogue

Fifteen Years Later

               Cameron's POV

             "Don't you ever do this again, do you hear me?" I hissed, but I softened my sharp and hostile tone once I saw her endless amount of crocodile tears. When I came home from work I hadn't expected her to be spot dead in the middle of the living room, sitting on the carpet with her arms slashed to hell. 

Where the fuck was her brother?

I had yanked her up angrily and pulled her to the bathroom to rinse off the blood, making her yelp. I was too livid to even realize what I was doing. It had took me back to a place I never wanted to remember. 

"Y-you're hurting me. Y-you're gripping my wrist t-too tight!" She cried out, and I quickly snapped out of the foreign yet destructive memory.

I lifted her up in my arms and carried her from the bathroom to her bedroom, softly setting her down. I let out a heavy sigh and gently examined her scars, placing butterfly kisses along her delicate skin. As I pulled her into my arms she let out a heartbreaking cry that tore me to my soul.

She clutched her arms around my neck tightly and whimpered

"I-i'm sorry. I-i'm s-so pathetic, I k-know. T-they just pick on me so much." She sobbed and finally pulled away. Again, my heart broke at the sound. She slowly moved away from me and pulled her knees to her chest, still having salty tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Shhh sshh no tears, my lovely." I cooed, wiping her tears away. I cringed at her bloodshot eyes and bandaged arms. When Jay got home there would be hell to pay. No, let me spell out what she would do.

Her mother would kill me if I didn't fix this, and fix it quickly. She would burn the pieces of my body and make sure I would never be found. Her daughter's even breathing snapped me out of what she could do to me and I stared at her.

"Is there any other reason why you did this to yourself? Reasons I may not know about.." I trailed off as her shocked eyes snapped open and up at me. "No." She replied quickly, her head popped away from me. I sighed and grabbed her chin so she would face me.

I arched my eyebrow at her, it was the quickest way she would tell me the truth. She groaned teary and turned her head away from me again, avoiding my fatherly gaze.

"Just tell me the truth. It'll come out in a emotional outburst later if you don't." I playfully growled and she laughed, tears still in her eyes. She sighed and bit her lip to hide her smile. She knew as well as I did it was true.

"I-it really is nothing." She sniffed and I inwardly scowled. Just when I thought I was getting somewhere.

She was stubborn, just like her damn mother. They were going to make me pull my hair out. Why couldn't they just tell me what was wrong with them, especially when I knew something was wrong? Why this cat mouse game?