Chapter 9

~~~~Davina's P.O.V.~~~~ 1 Week Later~~~~

"Get off of me!"

The guards grabbed a hold of Callie, putting her hands behind her back. They quickly put handcuffs on her, lifting her up to continue their journey to her cell. She was thrashing around like a wild animal, the guards struggling to keep her feet on the ground.

They were taking her back to her cell, but then she just went nuts. She tried to attack the guards in an attempt to escape, but obviously that didn't work out very well for her.

"Someone help me, please! They're trying to rape me," Callie screamed, the lie falling from her mouth with ease. Something inside of me snapped, my hands clenching into fists.

"That's enough, Callie!" My voice boomed down the hallway, the whole building seeming to go silent. Callie shut her mouth and looked at me wide eyed-- the look on her face resembling one of a small child who just got yelled at by their parent.

"Go ahead." The guards obeyed my order, resuming the walk to her cell. When we reached her cell, the put her down on her bed and took off her handcuffs. When they turned around, they looked at me as if they were waiting on me.

"After you, Ms. Slater," Hudson-- the guard-- said.

"Oh, no. I'm staying," I said, giving them room to walk through the door. Hudson furrowed his eyebrows at me in confusion.

"Um, Ms. Slater, I don't think that is a good idea. Especially after her outburst."

"It's okay, Hudson. I will be fine," I reassured him, my hand reaching down to subtly pat my sedative pouch. He sighed, but nodded his head. He motioned for the other guard to exit, then followed behind him.

"Just radio if you need something," he said, closing the cell door. I nodded my head, my eyes trailing after them until the disappeared down the hall. We had other guards lined up along the halls, just in case something happened.

My thoughts trailed back to the reason I was here-- my eyes falling on the troubled girl sitting in front of me. I slowly walked to the opposite side of the room, my back sliding down the wall until my butt hit the ground. Her eyes stayed locked on the ground, ignoring me completely.

"Talk to me, Callie. I can only help if you talk to me." My voice was gentle, as if trying not to break her. She continued to ignore me for a steady 5 minutes.

A heavy sigh left my mouth as I lifted myself off of the ground.

"Callie... I know you won't believe me when I tell you this, but... You are so important. And you are loved," I stopped, my body facing the door, "Just talk to me when you're ready."

I began to take out my key card, but her small voice stopped me.