Chapter 7

~~~~Davina's P.O.V.~~~~

It's almost been two weeks since Harry was released, and the constant begging for interviews from me has finally subsided-- for the most part at least. Now, I don't want anyone to think that I'm being a snob. I'm not, I swear. I just keep getting asked the same questions and, they always want more information than I can legally say. And then they just get mad and continue to push for answers that I can't give them.

It's been a really stressful couple weeks, to say the least.

I was currently sat in a hospital room, about to get my stitches taken out. I fidgeted with my fingers, my eyes focusing on my leg as it bounced up and down in nervousness. I don't like being at hospital's. Last time... yeah, I don't like being at hospital's.

My eyes darted up at the door as Doctor Morris walked in, shooting me warm greeting that I returned.

"Alright, Ms. Slater, let's get those stitches out."

About a half hour later, he had already taken out my stitches and cleaned the area. He washed his hands and ran through the whole process of telling me to take it easy.

"Thank you, Doctor Morris," I said as I carefully sat up.

"No problem. You'll just have to be careful not to pull on the skin or press against that area for at least a couple of days. It's still very sensitive."

"Yes sir," I replied as I grabbed my things.

"Have a nice day," I said, my hands pushing against the door in front of me.

"You too."

My legs carried me quickly out of the hospital, my hands searching for my phone to check the time. Almost 2 o'clock, great. I have to get back to my dad's house to pick up my car and then pick Riley up from school. Yes, my car is staying at my dad's house. I leave it there, in case of an emergency. Marigold doesn't have a car at the moment, so when she gets her car back then I'll get mine back too.

Tonight I am meeting up with Lacey and her friends again, to celebrate her friend Derek's promotion to manager of this sales place that I don't remember the name of right now... all I know is that it's a very successful business, so I'm happy for him.

I end up jogging a little bit on the way home, because I need to hurry up so I can get back to get ready.

~~~~

"Hey, Riles," I said as my little sister hopped in a hugged me.

"Hey, Vina. Guess what? Lily told me that a boy in our class said that, I said that he had a crush me-- which is not true by the way!" And thus began the childhood classroom drama stories that filled my ears until we made it home. I already texted Marigold to see if she was at my dad's yet, and she said she was, so there was no need for me to get out of the car.