Chapter 8

~~~~Davina's P.O.V.~~~~

"Hi Harry."

My words came out a little bit breathless, but I regained my composure and smiled at him, "How are you doing?"

His eyebrows raised in surprise at the fact that I showed no sign of trepidation, but little did he know, I was freaking out inside.

"I guess you could say I'm doing a lot better than I was a couple weeks ago," he chuckled, his eyes looking down at his shoes," but I guess I should be thanking you for that."

His eyes met mine, the green shining with intensity. His face gave off a serious vibe, which put me a little bit on edge. I glanced down, slightly blushing as I frantically searched for a response.

"Not to sound super cliché, but it's my job-- well it kind of is. Actually, it's really not," I rambled, trying to find the right words. His eyes glinted with amusement at my rambling, making me even more embarrassed.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, no problem. I'm just really glad I could help." I finished with a smile, my hands hooking together and resting in my lap.

"Yeah, you helped when most people would have just left it alone," he said, taking a seat on the bar stool next to me. My heart beat even faster, my palms getting sweaty, despite the cool temperature in the room.

"Well, I'd like to believe that anyone would do the same if they were in my position," I said, fiddling with my thumbs out of nervousness. He snorted at my response, and looked at the ground, a frown taking over his features.

"Yeah, you wish." I frowned a little bit at his negative response. I felt the need to argue it, but decided it was best not to push him.

"Here you go, ma'am," the bartender slid the glass towards me on a small napkin, "one Coke."

"Thank you." I returned his smile as I took the drink off of the napkin.

"Just a Coke? You don't want anything stronger?" Harry's voice was taunting, in a light-hearted and teasing manner. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I don't drink. But what does it matter? Got a problem with it, Styles?" My voice resembled his, the child-like side of me coming out as I smirked at him playfully. I was actually enjoying being like this-- it's something that I don't get to do often since my job is so serious. He chuckled at me, his eyes squinting from his bright smile.

"You do you, Styles, and I'll do me," I said, sassily flipping my hair over my shoulder. I couldn't help but smile so big that my cheeks nearly hurt. He laughed even harder at me, his head falling back a little bit.

Wow, I really miss acting like this. I need to get out more.

He looked like a child, and I'm glad he seems to be a lot more happy than when we had our therapy session. He actually seems to enjoy my overly-sarcastic and childish sense of humor-- which, for me at least, is hard to find.