Chapter 2

~~~~Davina's P.O.V.~~~~

I walked into the cool air of the Mental Hospital, hugging my arms around me. Just a week ago it was cool, and now it was nearly freezing outside. Then again, it didn't make that much of a difference, since it's always pretty cold in the Mental Hospital. (Outfit on the side> P.S. the girl isn't her. I just used her for the make-up.)

I walked around for about an hour, doing things that my boss asked me to do. I didn't have to do any check-ups until later on today so right now I was pretty useless. I just kept walking around the Hospital and looked for things to keep me distracted. Let's just say, from the amount of walking that I'm already doing, you can bet your biscuits that I will sure as heck eat as much pizza as I want tonight.

Hmm, I wonder why I'm single... Oh wait! It's because I say things like, 'bet your biscuits'.

Whenever I saw Clay, I would wave with a smile and he would wave and wink back at me with a smirk plastered on his face, making me smile even harder. Every time he did it, my knees got weaker and weaker. I know-- I'm pathetic.

I started back towards the main office, Lacey joining me along the way. She started talking about the recent gossip she heard from her friends last night when they met at this popular local restaurant/bar called 'Moonlight'. I met her friends there a few times before when we met up for dinner to celebrate a couple of birthdays, and one of her friends engagement. I don't know them really well but at least I know them.

"Hey, I think Clay likes you, he keeps on staring at you," Lacey said, making me look over at Clay, my heart picking up its pace. Sure enough, he was staring at me, and when I looked at him, he winked again with that same smirk on his face. Of course, me being me, I then (oh-so-gracefully might I add) tripped over my own feet after my knees went weak. My hands reached out to the desk in front of me to keep me from falling to the floor, my reflexes saving me from my painful fate. I stood up as nonchalantly as I could, my cheeks turning red from embarrassment.

Wow, you definitely don't look like a fool after that, Davina. Way to go kid, you're not cringe-worthy at all.

"Oh my gosh, he does! And, you like him! Dork," Lacey said excitedly, but then she started laughing at my embarrassment. Clay walked away with a few of our co-workers. I opened my mouth to deny what she said, but Ms. Delmond walked in and set her attention on me, so my mouth immediately clamped shut.

"Ms. Slater, I need you to take the lunch shift," she said, looking down at the paperwork in her hands. I was too confused and slightly afraid to answer, so she looked up at me when I didn't respond immediately.

"Oh. Um, what happened with Philip? If you don't mind me asking, of course." My voice was timid, as I stared at the intimidating woman in front of me. She cocked an eyebrow, making my heart beat a little bit faster.

Time to die.

"Well, Ms. Slater, if you must know. Philip is sick with the flu. Is that a problem?" Her tone was slightly peeved as she looked at me in a daring manner. I swallowed the lump of nervousness in my throat before responding.