Chapter 5

Carys came back to the room as soon as she finished her lunch, and JJ, who finished her food at the same time as Carys, came back with her to help her look for her grandmother's watch she lost.

The other roommates also started to check their bags and beds once they got back to see if her watch dropped to their places.

But they found nothing.

"Carys, we've looked everywhere, but your watch is not in this room." Hanna looked around the room and said carefully.

Carys frustratedly sat on her bed, feeling exhausted and disappointed at herself. She shouldn't have brought it here in the first place, but her other watch stopped working last week and she never had time to go shop for a new one.

She buried her face in her hands for a few seconds. "Why can't I remember when I last saw it? What was I doing?"

"I think we can go to the staffs? Ask if they've seen your watch?" Xenia suggested, and to be honest, this is the first time Carys heard Xenia talked.

"Even if they didn't see it, they'll look for it and give it back to you after they found it..."

"Oh, God!" Eliza, who was standing by the door with her two hands on her waist, startled after seeing a boy showed up at their door. "Dan? What the hell are you doing here?"

"Please tell me there's a Carys here in your room?" The boy whose name was Dan spoke in a British accent. His voice wasn't very deep, but one could hear that it belonged to a male. To say more specifically, he had a very delightful voice, it's a kind of a voice that could make people feel happy just by listening to him talk. "This is the last room of the girls hostel, if there's no Carys here..."

Wait. What was he saying? Did he say 'Carys'? Did he call my name? Was he looking for me?

"We do have a Carys here..." Eliza nodded to the guy before calling her name out with a louder voice. "Carys..."

Carys was so curious about why was the guy asking for her, so she already started checking him out. He was quite tall, had tanned skin tone and his biceps weren't something one could easily ignore. She then noticed he was holding something in his hand, something silver, something like... "My watch!"

Carys shouted out in excitement and she literally jumped out of her bed and ran to the stranger boy.

"I believe this is yours?" He handed her the watch before she could balance herself and stand properly.

"Yes, it is!" She grabbed the watch from him immediately and checked it out, it really was her watch. "Where did you find it?"

She carefully checked the watch her grandmother gave her, the brand was right, and her name that carved on the watchband by her grandma was there. Luckily, the watch was still working and there's no scratching on the surface.

While she was still checking, the boy answered her question. "On the ground behind this house."

Carys tried to recall when did she go to the space behind the house of girls' hostels, then it hit her that it was the place where she was talking to Cohen earlier today.

"Luckily you have your name carved on the watch," the boy, Carys believed his name was Dan, continued to say something, "or I will just leave it to the one of the staffs or teachers.."

"Thank you! Thank you very much!" She's really grateful towards this stranger whose face she still never had time to look at properly, all her attention was on her watch.

"Why didn't you just take it to the staffs in the first place? What's your point going to every room looking for Carys?" Molly, another roommate from Saint Nicholas School, asked Dan. Due to the way both Eliza and Molly talked to him, Carys assumed they're from the same school, or even the same class.