Chapter 3

"Aren't you two precious." My mother said while walking through the front door. I escaped Harry's grasp and moved over to Paige. "Ah, Paige dear it's lovely to see you." She smiled.

"It's nice to see you as well Mrs. Wilson." She replied. The room fell into an awkward silence.

"Well, I'm going to make dinner. Paige, Harry are you two staying?" My mother said.

"If that is alright with you mam," Harry said with a small smile.

"I think you already know my answer," Paige replied.

"Harry you're too polite." My mom smiled before going into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes at my mother's answer. Like most of her, it was probably fake.

-

All that was heard at the dinner table was the scraping of our forks hitting our plates. My mother claimed that she had made my favorite meal. But I was disappointed when I saw her place beef wellington in front of me.

As always I plastered a fake smile thanking her. I mentally rolled my eyes. She couldn't even be bothered to learn her only kid's favorite meal. I mean I've been living with her for the past eighteen years, you think she would've put some effort in.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt someone place their hand on my left thigh. There were only two people sitting next to me, which was Harry and Paige, and Harry was sitting to my left.

My eyes moved up to him to see that he was talking to my father about business. His thumb started to rub small circles. It was actually very calming. He gave my thigh a slight squeeze, which then made me spring up from my seat.

Everyone's eyes landed on me. "Um, I'm going to take my plate to the sink." I picked up my plate almost running into the kitchen. I scraped whatever I didn't eat into the garbage before washing my dishes.

As I was scrubbing my plate I felt a hard front connect with my back. Fingers moved my hair to behind my ear. "What's the matter, darling?" He whispered. I shivered as his warm breath hit my ear.

"You're the matter," I replied turning to face him.

"Really? Because if I was you I would've just removed my hand. Wouldn't you?" He smirked.

I didn't reply, the reason being is because he was right. "Exactly." He said before leaving me in the kitchen.

"Riley, can you please show Harry to the door?" My mother's voice rang. I grabbed a towel drying my hands before leaving the kitchen. I don't see why I had to see him to the door, both of my parents were perfectly capable.

When I finally reached the living room he was saying goodbye to my parents. Well, he certainly made a good impression on them. To me, it's still questionable. I don't know what I think or how I feel about him yet.

He stuffed his hands in his pocket. Which I took as a sign that he was ready to leave. I walked towards him mumbling a quick "follow me." I walked him out to the porch. My breath hitched when he brought his face close to mine.

His hands landed on my hips. "Goodnight darling." He whispered into my ear, the warmth of his breath differed from the cold air making me shiver. My eyes fluttered shut, then I felt his warm soft lips press against my cheek. It almost felt like he pulled away too soon.

My eyes opened to see that his lips formed a smirk. "Until next time princess." He said making his way to his car. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Seeing it turn into smoke once it left my lips. I ran my fingers up and down my arm trying to get some sort of warmth back into my body.

He pulled out of my driveway honking his horn as he drove by. I raised my hand waving to him before making my way back into the house, the warmth of the house enveloping me. I grabbed the closest blanket and wrapped it around myself, hoping that it would help warm me up faster.

"So?" My mother said.

"What?" I asked wrapping the blanket around me tighter.

"What do you think of him?" She replied.

"I don't see why that matters, I don't really have a choice now do I?" I stated. I heard her huff as I grabbed Paige by the arm dragging her up the stairs. She sat on my bed without a word while I put a movie into my DVD player.

I sat beside her, but I couldn't concentrate on the movie. I found my eyes wandering around my room as I chewed on my nails. A terrible habit that I have. Harry is an attractive man, and maybe if the circumstances would be different. My feelings would be different.

But the circumstances are what they are, and so are my feelings. We are getting married. Whether either of us wants to or not.