Chapter 13

I finished eating and got up from the table and Harry followed. I grabbed my phone and walked out of the door with Harry still following me.

"Why are you following me?" I asked.

"Is it so wrong I want to spend time with my fiancée." He said and I stopped walking and turned around staring at him.

I smirked and walked over to him. His eyes got wide as I got close. My front was pressed against his front. "I'm not your fiancée yet." I whispered into his ear biting his earlobe before pulling away.

He let out a shaky breath and I started to walk away with him following me like a lost puppy. "Where are we going?" He asked.

"I don't know, but as long as it's away from my parents I don't care," I replied.

"You know they are only doing what they think is best for you." He said. I'm tired of hearing people say that. It's like everyone thinks that I'm incapable of making my own decisions.

"That's the thing. They think it's what is best for me, but it's not. I don't want to get married or have kids at the age of eighteen. I'm too young for any of this." I replied. I should be getting my own place, going to college, and making reckless decisions. Not settling down. I'm not ready.

"All you do is think about yourself. Do you think I want to be married? Or have kids. I don't have a choice in this either Riley and if I did it certainly wouldn't be with you." He said. "Whether you or I like it or not we're going to be married by the end of next month."

"What," I whispered in shock. I didn't know he felt that way. I didn't even want to think about him saying that I was the last person that he would want to settle down with.

"I knew we were getting married soon, but I didn't think it would be next month," I whispered.

"Where are we going?" He asked. He completely ignored me. I couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that I would be married by the end of next month. I thought there would be more time. That Harry and I would have more time to bond so we can at least stand each other before we made a life-changing commitment.

"I need to be alone right now," I whispered.

"Riley I'm not leaving." He said.

"Just go away Harry. I don't want you here." I replied.

He shook his head and I looked down at my shoes. I need time, I need time to wrap my head around everything. It seemed like everything around me was moving a mile a minute, and I just couldn't keep up. I feel like I'm drowning.

"It takes two to make things work. I'm willing to try if you are." He said before walking away.

After Harry left I just sat there. He was right when he said it takes two to make things work. In order to make my life more tolerable, I have to change. I have to accept that things are the way they are. Because there's no way of changing it.

I stood up and started to walk home.

-

My long walk home gave me a chance to think about things. About my feelings for Harry and the marriage that was soon to come. I knocked on the door hoping someone would open it. I had forgotten my key.

"What do you want?" Harry asked when he opened the door. I was surprised to see him here. I would've thought he would've gone back to his own house. Also why did I have to walk back if he was coming here? I bit my tongue, I wasn't going to bring that up. Another argument was the last thing I wanted to deal with today.

"Well, it is my house, but while you're here I want to apologize," I replied. "I would also like to try to work things out between us," He reached out to grab my hand, and this time I didn't pull away.

He gave me a small smile and brought me inside. "You seem to be in a better mood Harry." My mother said smiling. She eyed me as if saying that we were going to talk later.

"Yeah, I'm better now, we're working through our little bumps." He said.

"That's good." My mother smiled. Harry sat down and pulled me onto his lap. I stared at the wall. I'm not ready for this, but I have no other choice than to act like I am.