Chapter 23

I let out a breath as the air cooled my warm skin. "Hey, I was wondering where you were. Your mother is awake." I turned my head to see Harry was walking towards me.

"That's good," I replied. He draped an arm around my shoulders.

"I'm sorry about your childhood." He said pulling me close.

"It's not your fault. It's my parents. They were the ones that chose to raise me the way they did." I replied. He kissed my head and my eyes fluttered shut.

"We should probably head inside now." He said and I nodded. We made our way back to my mother's room. She was sitting up and talking with my mother.

"What are you two doing here." She said looking at the both of us with wide eyes.

"We had to make sure that you two were okay," I replied.

"What about your flight?" She asked.

"I managed to be able to switch our flight to one a little later." Harry replied.

"We're fine here, why don't you two go. Enjoy your honeymoon." She replied.

"Are you two sure you're okay?" I asked. They both reassured us that they would be fine and that we should go and enjoy ourselves.

"Do you have your wedding stuff?" She asked.

"Yeah, I put those in your car while you were resting." Harry replied. He must've done that while I was walking around.

"Alright, have fun you two." She said.

"But not too much fun." My father butted in. I looked at him and gave him a tight-lipped smile while Harry laughed.