Chapter 11

Dinner to say the least was painful. It was full of small talk and little jabs at each other here and there. If I'm going to be completely honest, the food was the only good thing that came out of this dinner. That and Gemma, she's pretty cool.

I was currently brushing my teeth humming twenty-one pilot's song house of gold. It's been stuck in my head for the past week. "Don't you have anything better to do than be loud and obnoxious?" My mother said from the doorway.

"I don't know, do you have anything better to do than to tell me how to live my life." I rolled my eyes.

"I get that you are mad at me Riley but you have no right to talk to me and treat me the way you do. I'm only looking out for you because I want what's best for you. So if I were you I would knock it off." She said before storming off.

Okay, maybe I went a little overboard this time, but in all honesty every waking moment the woman decides everything I do and every move I make. I love my mother, I really do, but she's too controlling. Sometimes I feel like she's suffocating me.

I've asked her before why she always treated me like I was a little girl, but all I would get in response is 'I'm teaching you everything you'll need to know, you'll thank me later'. I've given up trying to understand her and her ways. I certainly can't say that I've been a go with the flow kind of child. I've fought her tooth and nail each time.

I threw my toothbrush into the cup that was sitting on the counter. I walked into my room and collapsed onto my bed. I picked up my phone and opened the Netflix app. I was lazy before I talked my father into getting Netflix, but this is taking it to a whole new level. I hardly got anything done anymore. Especially since I graduated this spring.

I mean I can't polish off a season a day like most people could.I procrastinate way too much when it comes to watching a television show. Mainly because I never want it to end so I prolong it as long as possible. I decided on watching Grey's Anatomy.

"Riley I have to run to the store I'll be back in a few hours." My mother yelled from downstairs.

"Okay, mother," I replied. I laid back on the couch legs crossed and my phone held above my face as I listened to Christina tell Meredith that she was the sun. I adored their friendship. Paige and I were that close at one point. I just don't know what happened to the two of us.

I heard the doorbell ring. I let out a puff of air and paused the episode. That must be Harry. He always seemed to turn up whenever my parents left.

 I walked to the door and I opened it."Did you bring sna-." I cut myself off to see that it wasn't Harry, it was a girl that looked to be about five years older than me. "I'm sorry I thought you were someone else. Who are you?"

"I'm Erica and I'm pretty sure that I'm your older sister." I stared at her in disbelief.