10 - Oh, that fatal day...

Ethan's P.O.V.:

The band trip was trip was finally over, and we all began to drive back. Tyler was trying his hardest to stay awake.

"Tyler, let me drive..." I said, honestly worried. He shook his head.

"I'll stop for coffee."

Well, we did, and it seemed to work surprisingly well for Tyler. He was absolutely wide awake. We could hear our trumpet cases shifting from the back seat. We had just began chatting.

"It's starting to get pretty foggy." Tyler said, trying to see what was in front of him in the car.

"We can stop talking if you wanna concentrate." I politely suggested. He shook his head.

"I like talking to you." Tyler smiled warmly, making my heart flutter.

"A-Alright..." I smile in return.

-Time SkiP~!-

"Tyler... I love you." I say randomly, staring at Tyler. His face turns red.

"Haha... I-I love you, too, Ethan." Tyler says softly. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see a semi truck drifting from side to side on the road.

"Is he okay?" I ask, genuinely concerned. Just then, the semi jerks in front of us. We're going a good 80 mph. We had three, maybe two seconds before impact. I turn around to see a trumpet case flying toward my head.

"ETHAN, LOOK OU-"

...

Ringing.  All I can hear is ringing. I can't see anything, but I can just barley hear the crash of the cars together, and the screams from people driving nearby. I can barley open my eye, as I look hastily over to Tyler, who's been impaled by a chunk of metal. The car begins to smoke and smell of gas. Tyler quickly gets out of the car, picking me up with his. I feel like my skull has been bashed in. The trumpet case... Tyler is limping to carry me away from the car, which bursts into flames. I can see that his left leg is severely broken, hence the bone sticking out like a sore thumb. He sets me down in the middle of the road, pulling out his phone. It's completely shattered. I manage to groan a little.

"Ethan?" Tyler's eyes are now on me. My vision fades. I can feel blood drip from Tyler's face onto mine. Either blood, or tears.

Or both.

"Ethan?! ETHAN! ARE YOU OKAY?! STAY AWAKE, I'LL GET HELP!" Tyler screams, clutching onto me. He begins sobbing as he holds onto me tightly.

"Ethan... Please... Don't leave..." Tyler manages to choke out.

"Tyler... I'll be fine... Stay strong..." I wheeze, coughing up my own blood. I felt my body go numb. Limp.

And then, I was nothing.

Tyler's P.O.V.:

The crash. My head goes slamming into the steering wheel, a chunk of metal stabbing me in the stomach from behind. My leg is broken completely in half, but I have to save Ethan. I limp to the middle of the road, where I pull out my phone to try to call help.It's shattered.Instead, I just held Ethan as tight as possible. I began screaming at him to stay awake.

"Tyler... I'll be fine... Stay strong..." Ethan coughed, then went limp.Stay strong.His voice echoed through my mind.

"Ethan? ETHAN?! NO, ETHAN PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME! I LOVE YOU! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME! You... c-can't..." I sobbed into his chest, his bloody, dead ridden chest.

"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!" I screamed until my voice hurt, until it was gone. Our bus from the trip drove slowly past before coming to an immediate stop after seeing me and Ethan. I slung Ethan over my shoulder and limped to it.