Chapter 4

Christine woke up to beautiful music. She remembered everything about last night. How she felt seeing her angel, though he was just a man......and the Phantom of the Opera. She told him She loved him.....and never regretted it. Or the kiss.....Not even knowing why. 'Though really, do you need an explanation when you think your in love? Am I in love?' she smiled at the thought.

One thing puzzled her though. why does he wear a mask? What lies beneath? A terrible deformity? Insecurities? Whatever it was, she needed to know.

Looking at her surroundings she found herself in a swan-like bed and a black see-through fabric hung around the bed. She grabbed the rope and pulled. The canopy lifted back up and she got out.

Hearing an organ playing she walked out and saw him. His back was toward her, but it seemed he was in deep thought. Christine would've used that opertunity to rip off his mask. But then all of a sudden her conscience kicked in. 'You do not NEED to know, what is behind his mask. You WANT to know. You would love him regardless. After everything he's done for you, you want to invade his space? It's his life, his way, respect it.' She stopped walking towards him. Her conscience was right. No matter how much she wanted too take off his mask, It was the principle of privacy. She wanted to respect that.

Instead she took the time looking around the lair. It seemed a bit like nineteenth century-meets-medieval times(or the renaissance period). It fansinated her. Noticing a room full if musical instruments. She saw the violin and gasped. It looked to be like the one her father owned, when she was a child.

Walking in she picked it up, tuned it a bit, and started playing part of a song her father taught her(*beauty and the beast Disney(in the movie) if the song was played by the violin*). It sounded awful, and it showed, big time. No matter how many times she tried, she couldn't get it right.

She was about to give up, when she felt his hands on her almost bare shoulders. She tensed up a bit, not realizing he was in the room till now. 'He probably heard everything.'

"Here, let me help you."

He then slid his hands down her arms. Raising and positioning the violin and bow. He tuned a couple of strings. Placing his hands on top of hers. Her back pressed, once again, against his front.

"Now, movie with the music, not against it."

He then started playing for her guiding her motions. Christine felt a sort of feeling and the song they played made it grow stronger. She closed her eyes in ecstasy and deep pleasure. When they where done she placed the violin and bow gently down. She faced and smiled to him.

"Good morning"

He smiled back, his eyes still holding a long distant gaze. But she felt she was doing the same thing.

"Good morning, my dear, sweet, angel. Are you hungry?"

She looked down almost ashamed like and answered "No, thank you, though for asking." He frowned a bit. Lifting her chin up until her eyes met his.

"What is wrong?"

Christine could feel his intense stare, like he was looking into her soul and through it. Knowing her deepest secrets. "Nothings wrong." Even she knew he could tell she was lying. He then looked at her with such intensity it felt like she was in fire. She started breathing deeply, not even noticing how loud her breathing was, until he softened his gaze and placed his hand on her cheek. Breathing normal, he asked the question again.

"What is wrong?" She didn't know what to say. Feeling tears swell up in her eyes she looked down ashamed and closed her eyes. Letting the tears fall, she breathed deeply again. It felt like an eternity before she felt his thumb wipe away her tears. She looked up at him, then was pulled into his embrace. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. She let a few silent tears fall.