Chapter 6

Christine woke up the next morning too beautiful music. She recognized is instantly. Getting up and getting dressed. She found herself in the Lair. Realizing it was late last night, when the play ended that she found herself getting tired while getting ready to go home. She guessed it was Erik who brought her down here to rest. She smiled at the kind heart he has.

Christine walked to where he was and saw him, playing a gorgeous tune form one of her favorite movies, 'Ever After'(the main theme). He looked up and saw her, when he was done we went over to her and picked her up spinning her around.

"Erik!" Christine laughed out. laughing till her insides hurt. He then put her down and kissed her deeply, moving his hands suggestively down her sides. She clutched into his clothes kissing him even deeper, letting him have access inside. After a while Christine broke away a bit to breathe.

"Good morning, Christine, my angelic songbird" Erik said to her with all the love he felt.

"Good morning, Erik." Christine said back. Erik closed his eyes, gasping slightly and smiling. "What is it?" Christine asked feeling very confused.

"Say it again."

"Say what again?" Christine said feeling very confused

"My name." Erik said hypnotically. Christine's eyes widened in realization. "Erik"

He did the same thing again. "Again" He gently commanded, "Erik. Oh Erik, my angel" Christine said. With every word she spoke she got even closer to him. Until finally he pulled her in and kissed her deeply.

Something burned inside Christine, something she could not shake. She moved her hands up from his neck to his hair. All the way down to his mask. She took it off. His reaction wasn't what she wanted.

He realized what she had done, he was horrified, but more importantly he was angry. He pushed her down, covered his face with his hand,  and walked to one of the covered mirrors.

"...Damn you
You little prying Pandora
You little demon
This what you wanted to see?"

He then took of the heavy curtain covering the mirror and revealed his face so that she could she.

Curse you, you little lying Delilah
You little viper
Now you cannot ever be free
Damn you, curse you...

Christine was scared. Not because of what she saw. It was because of his anger that frightened her. 'Is that all? A deformity? I won't lie, it is awful. But that doesn't mean I-I don't love him anymore. I've seen worse before.....' Erik turned to her and walked toward her slowly with a sad look in his eyes.

Stranger than you dreamt it
Can you even dare to look, or bear to think of me
This loathesome gargoyle
Who burns in hell, But secretly yearns for heaven
Secretly, secretly...
Oh Christine...

He then bend down and got to her level. He crawled a bit towards her. Christine Accidentally back away a bit in instinct. He stopped.

Fear can turn to love
You'll learn to see, to find the man behind the monster
This repulsive carcass
Who seems a beast but secretly dreams of beauty,
Secretly, secretly...
Oh, Christine...

Christine then felt guilty, really guilty. She never meant to hurt him. Only meant to see behind his face. She never meant to cause such sadness. She saw him with his face in his hands looking away from her. Looking to were the mask laid, she picked it up and scooted closer to him. He felt her presence nearby, yet said nothing until she tapped his shoulder.

"You hate me." Christine was in shock 'Hate him? NO Never!' "No, I don't hate you. I could never hate you. Erik I love you." Her eyes grew downcast. She didn't realize she was crying. "You should hate me though."

Erik turned around in shock "Why should I hate you?"

"Because I took of your mask without even thinking of you. I was being selfish. I-I am sorry." Christine realized she still had the mask in her hand. "Here"  Erik noticed and was about to take it when she pulled it away slightly.

"Your face doesn't scare me. It was your anger that frightened me. I speak the truth." Christine handed him the mask again and he took it, and put it on. "How? How can my disgusting face, from hell, not scare you?"

Christine lifted his head to were she was looking into his eyes. "Because, I love you. And what you look like is not going to change that." Erik was about to protest when Christine leaned in and kissed him in the lips, closer to his deformed side. Erik was in shock, 'She still l-loves me? Even after my anger.....My anger' "Oh Christine" he said after they broke apart. "Forgive me. I-I didn't mean too. Please forgive me."

"Oh Erik I do forgive you. I love you." Christine smiled. He took her in for another kiss and she complied. He pulled her closer to him. Holding onto her, protecting her. When they broke apart he held her to his chest. Christine clutched even tighter, showing him all the love she felt for him and him only.

After sometime of holding onto each other and being in thought. Christine suddenly gasped.

"What is it, Christine?" She looked at him with worry and fear. Thinking it was about him he looked away. She made him look at her and kissed him. Then hugging him and crying into his chest. Erik was utterly confused. "Christine, what is wrong?"

"I-I-I'm scared because of what happened last night with Joseph. Somebody was obviously trying to frame you. I-I'm scared for your safety. I don't want to lose you"

"Oh my dear Christine, that won't happen. I promised I will always be there for you and protect you. I intend to keep that promise." Erik said with holding her protectively. Christine nodded her head. When she stopped crying, she said "We have to find out who did this. Who knows if this person will do it again? and to whom?" Christine clutched her throat. Erik held her even more tightly. "Let's go investigate then." Christine broke away and nodded. Then both getting up, they started to go up to the surface to find some answers.