Chapter 11

I woke up in a weird rocky room. Sitting up I felt a wave of dizziness and placed my head in my hand. After a few deep breathes I started to feel normal. I felt somebodies arms around me. I looked up and saw Erik. "Oh Christine.... Are you alright?" I nodded and smiled.

"When I'm with you, yes. But...." I remembered what happened. "What did he want?" I saw worriedly. Burrying my head in his chest. I felt his arms wrap around me tighter.

"I don't know mon amge. But I think he was after you."

"He will stop at nothing to get me." I say and shake. Erik kept rocking me back and forth. Rubbing my back and stroking my hair. Singing softly to me.

"He won't get you, I promise. I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe."  I looked into his eyes and kissed him softly.

"I love you Erik....Always have....always will."

"And I love you Christine. Always and till the end of time." I smiled and blushed as we kissed and he never let go of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night of the performance came and I was a nervous wreck. We had so many mess up during rehearsals. I felt really akward doing this with Piangi. I was dying to do it with Erik, but that will never happen. But I can still dream right?

That evening in my dressing room, I waited till I was called to perform. Meg came in and we do our preshow pep talk which always made us laugh to calm down our nerves. I'm so happy to have a friend like Meg. I smiled as we hugged and we were called to the stage. Erik already brought me a rose with his signature and placed it on my vanity table with an encouraging note. I smiled and soon took my place waiting in the wings. Waiting for my cue. Soon the music started and I knew it was time. No going back.

Here the sire may serve the dam, here the master takes his meat! here the sacrifical lamb utters one dispairing bleat.

Poor young maiden!
For the thrill on your tongue of stolen sweets,
You will have to pay the bill- tangled in the winding sheets!
Serve the meal and serve the maid!
Serve the master so that, when tables, plans and maids are laid
Don Juan triumphs once again

Passarino faithful friend
Once again recite the plan

Your young guest believes I'm you,
I, the master, you the man.

When you met, you wore my cloak,
With my scarf you hid your face.
She believes she dines with me
In her master's borrowed place!
Furtively, we'll scoff and quaff,
Stealing what in truth is mine,
When it's late and modesty starts to mellow with the wine!

You come home!
I use your voice...
Slam the door like crack of doom

I shall say
Come hide with me!
Where oh where?
Of course, my room

Poor thing hasn't got a chance

Here's my hat, my cloak and sword.
Conquest is assured
If I do not forget myself and laugh

I took a deep breath and started singing. For Erik and him alone.

No thoughts within her head but thoughts of joy
No dreams within her heart, but dreams of love

I picked up an apple on the table and sat down. Suddenly, I heard a voice. Don Juan's voice but it didn't sound like Piangi.

Master?