Chapter 5

It was a few months later. The school was putting on a production of 'Ill Muto'. Christine met with Erik and had gotten to know him more with each passing day. He helped her with her studies as well as her singing.

Christine was soo happy, she was overjoyed. She even told Madame Giry and Meg about it all. She was surprised Meg already knew about Erik AND that both of them knew about the proposal. Meg was overjoyed to hear about her friend being in love. Madame Giry loved that Christine was happy.

She didnt even let people know about her proposal. She didnt wear the ring on her finger, but on a chain necklace. She kept the necklace hidden, but held it close to her heart.

Everything in life was going smoothly. Until someone stepped into the picture. Raoul.

He was a nice guy, but was very obnoxious and rude. He tried everything to get Christine to go out with him. But Christine firmly refused every time. Raoul even hired some stagehands to try to rape her, so that he could 'save' her. To try and get her to go out with him. Though some if the stagehands went to far and actually tried to get her.

Christine didn't know what to do. She was even scared to tell Erik about it. Now knowing what he was capable of.

Carlotta came back and was the lead. Christine felt sad, but Erik was furious. Still the directors didn't do a thing about it. To make things worse Christine was put at the page boy. a silent role. She didn't realize how much Carlotta hated her. It made her heart sink.

During the beginning everything went smoothly, until Carlotta started croaking like a frog. Christine was surprised and suppressed a giggle. Then she was pulled of the stage to swap roles with Carlotta.

When she was standing on the side stage and waiting for her Que.. she heard a scream and a noise. Looking up she saw Joseph buquet hanged and dead. Everyone noticed as well and screamed.

Frightened she ran to the rooftop of the school and cried her eyes out on the edge. 'I don't-  why would he-' her unanswered questioning thoughts were interrupted. 

"Christine" she looked up and saw him coming towards her. She backed up from him.

"Christine, I didn't-"

"Mur-" she didn't even finish because She was about to fall off the edge. But Erik caught her just in time. He took her away from the edge and held her against his chest.

"I-I'm sorry. I know you didn't do it." she cried out into his chest. He held into her more tightly, stroked her hair, and began singing softly to her. And Christine joined in as well.

No more talk of darkness
Forget these wide-eyed fears
I'm here, nothing can harm you
My words will warm and calm you

Let me be your freedom
Let daylight dry your tears
I'm here, with you, beside you
To guard you and to guide you

Say you'll love me every waking moment
Turn my head with talk of summer time
Say you need me with you now and always
Promise me that all you say is true
That's all I ask of you

Let me be your shelter
Let me be your light
You're safe, no one will find you
Your fears are far behind you

All I want is freedom
A world with no more night
And you, always beside me
To hold me and to hide me

Then say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
Let me lead you from your solitude
Say you need me with you here, beside you
Anywhere you go, let me go too
Christine, that's all I ask of you

Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
Say the word and I will follow you

Share each day with me, each night, each morning

Say you love me

You know I do

Love me, that's all I ask of you.

They leaned in and kissed. Erik took her in her arms and spun her around. Christine was overjoyed, she was with the man she loves, and he loves her.

Anywhere you go, let me go too
Love me, that's all I ask of you

"I Love you Christine. I would NEVER let anything happen to you. I swear it."

"And I love you to Erik." unbeknownst to both of them Raoul was on the rooftop hiding. He was furious. 'Christine You will be mine!!!' Really though he just wanted her so his entire family enterprise can live on. Sure he could've had any other girl, but his parents already approved of her, when they were kids. So really he was to lazy to go through that again. He was the one who obviously hanged joseph, but since Christine didn't believe it was him who killed him.....He saw them kissing again.

Watching them two was poison to him....yet it was also very intriguing. His plan might have failed, but that didn't mean something good cam out of this. 'I can use this to my advantage.' With that, he started forming a new plan, one he was for sure would work. He saw them break away and Christine leading Erik to go back to the performance. 'Yes Christine, enjoy it for now!' With that he left with a sinister smile and walked away to put his plan in action.