Willows Whispers »Chapter Fourteen

Snap. The chain broke lose from the wall and the southern boy was free. Except the cuffs were still locked around his wrists and the chains hung down from them.

     "At least you're free from the wall." Matt said when he noticed AJ inspecting his wrists; "And hey. Those could come in handy if you need to defend yourself." He added with a slight smirk.

     "Yeah." Aj simply replied.

     Matt watched the southern still sitting on the floor not moving. Extending his arm, he watched AJ carefully look over him; "Well you're not going to get to Jeff sitting there. You can trust me...right?"

     AJ hesitated for a moment. After a few seconds he simply nodded and accepted his hand. Matt pulled his arm and helped him onto his feet.

     "Okay here's the plan. Each six hours, one of her crooks comes through the door to feed us whatever right...."

     AJ nodded his head at the rest of the plan as Matt explained to him each of the steps. With whatever strength, he had to try. He couldn't let his closes friend down.

_________________
     "This is smelling delicious." Trish said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Thank you." The red head smiled softly and took a small bow as she mixed the hot soup with a spoon.

Trish smiled and sat down at the table waiting for Amy to finish adding the last ingredients to her soup. She looked at her friend who seemed to be a bit quiet.

Why wouldn't she...first Aj being taken right from her hands and then those pictures. Trish wondered how she was still keeping her head high; "Hey Ames."

"Hmm?" Amy asked as she pulled two bowls out of the cabinet; "What's on your mind blondie?"

"Do you think they're gonna be okay?"

Amy stayed silent for a few moments. As she finished pouring the soup, she walked over to the table with Trish's bowl and set it down in front of her; "Honestly Trish." Amy sighed; "I don't know."

"I feel useless Amy."

"I do too." Amy admitted; "I mean while they are possibly risking their lives to keep us safe. We are doing nothing. But it's for the baby-"

"No it's not. You know it's not." Trish cut her short; "If it really was for the baby, Jeff would have called the police for assistance and taken them to where she is."

Amy listened to the blonde continue; "Think about it Ames. Jeff just wants revenge on her for all those years of suffering. Yes he cares for our child, but he also wants to prove something to her, and himself."

"You're right-"

"He cares about getting that woman and putting all the anger he has towards her to rest. I've seen how much he hates bringing her up. It even scares me seeing him so...all I'm saying he's not in a good state of mind. If he finds her with all that anger..."

Amy's eyes widened; "...you don't think he'd go as far as..." she trailed off and Trish only shrugged.

"I know he's a good man...but after every thing he has told me about the past. Its possible he could go as far as to killing her." Trish said biting her lip; "And then it's just going to keep going downhill."