Chapter 15

The following morning I decide to call in sick at work. I can't get myself to get out of bed to see Rey again. It's way too weird and awkward for me, especially since he declared his love for me and I'm suppose to break his heart in the end. I lounge around in bed, knowing that no one else is in the house. I reluctantly get up and go downstairs to watch some television on the couch. I start feeling a little hungry so I go into the kitchen and look into the fridge. Then I open the freezer and take out the box of ice cream. I don't know why I want to eat ice cream, but I guess it is just one of those days. I watch some random comedies, hoping those would cheer me up. Eight hours and four movies later, I'm in an every crappier mood than before. Okay so maybe romantic comedies weren't the way to go. Stupid couples and their stupid love stories. I look into the empty carton of ice cream sighing. Looks like I'm going to need some more ice cream. I get up to head over towards the kitchen again, until I hear the door bell ring. I open the door and it looks like I can't even get a break for one single freaking day! I cannot believe my luck!

I hope I don't have to tell you that Rey is standing outside my door, I mean I think that's a given when I start cursing my lucky. He is wearing black dress pants and a white button up shirt with a few buttons left undone. It looks like he just came from the fashion house. He looks at me a little confused, which makes me confused as well. He asks, "I thought you were sick?" My eyes grow wide and I say quickly, "I was sick in the morning, but now I'm feeling better." Rey grins, "That's great!" I unwillingly usher him inside the house since he is standing outside expectantly. He sits on the couch and I slowly sit next to him, trying to keep a distance between us. An awkward silence fills the air. He turns to me and says, "So guess what I found out today?" My paranoia kicks in and I feel a little anxious. I ask worriedly, "What?" He grins, "I'll tell you, but I want to show you something first." I reply uneasily, "Sure." He smiles widely, "How about you go get changed out of your PJ's and then we can go." I reply sceptically, "Umm okay…"

I rush upstairs kind of curious as to what he wants to show me. I slip on a light pink and white flowery dress and lightly do my makeup. I come down hearing him gasp in delight, "Wow." I grin widely hearing his response to my dress, which was pretty simple, but entirely me. He holds his hand out signalling me to hold onto him, while he escorts me. I slowly place my hand in his after locking the door to my house. He closes the door after I sit in the passenger seat and he runs around to his car door. He finally gets inside the car and drives off towards this unknown destination.

While driving he seems focused on the road, almost like he is forcing himself to keep his eyes solely on the road ahead. Hmm seems like I'm a bit distracting. This thought makes me smirk as I look out the window. We soon stop at this beautiful beach. I look towards Rey, who nods to assure me that we are indeed in the right place. He opens the door for me and pulls me out of the car. As we walk on the sand, his hand finds its way into mine. I watch as the waves wash up against the shore. It looks beautiful. We walk for about ten minutes, without any words being exchanged. Then all of the sudden he stops walking.

I look up at Rey questioningly and see him staring straight ahead. I look in the direction of where he is looking and see a little white tent set up with a little white table in the middle. In the center of the table is a bunch of food and the tent is full of red roses and rose petals lying around carelessly.

I look at Rey, while he just grabs my hand and ushers me to the table

I look at Rey, while he just grabs my hand and ushers me to the table. He pulls out my chair and I sit down, trying to digest all that's happening. I ask, "Rey, what's all of this?" He looks at me so lovingly, causing guilt to arise within me as he says, "It's for you Kriya, all for you." I ask curiously, "But why Rey?" he simply says, "For coming into my life, for showing me the meaning of love." I just look towards him, knowing he will regret what he just said later. We eat the dinner he has laid out for us, while he casually steals glances at me. He then he asks me for a dance.

Before I can point out that there is no music, I faintly hear music starting to play in the background. I place my hand into his, feeling in a rather charitable mood. After all, I will be ruining his life, so might as well give him some happy memories before his nightmare begins. I gently sway to the music and I place my head against his chest, not wanting to look into his eyes. His hands run up and down my back, trying to loosen me up a bit. He eventually leads me back to the table, while he disappears for a few moments. In those few moments of freedom, I notice it is quite late at night. It is almost twelve o'clock, meaning a few minutes until my birthday. I look out towards the water in complete awe. I get lost in the sounds of the waves, so peaceful and calming.

He brings me out of my daze by whispering into my ear, "Happy Birthday Beautiful." I look towards him in total shock. How did he even know? Before I can actually ask he says, "I was looking through some company files today and I came across your birth date written on one of them. I wish you had told me, though." Yeah right, as if I want to spend my birthday with you! I simply say, "I don't really like to make a big deal about it…" He nods understandingly.

Moments later, I find him helping me up from my chair. I look out towards the water and see the reflection of the moon on the surface of the clear water. The stars are twinkling against the midnight sky. It was the perfect setting, if only we were in love. I look towards Rey, but don't see him next to me. My eyes dart around, eventually landing on the sand to acknowledge his presence.

He is kneeling on the sand looking up at me, with a little black box in his hand

He is kneeling on the sand looking up at me, with a little black box in his hand. OH MY GOD! I knew this was the moment, the moment I was to break him. He opens the box to unveil a beautiful silver ring with a big diamond glittering in the moonlight.

I stood there frozen as the words escaped his lips, "Kriya I love you, I am in love with you

I stood there frozen as the words escaped his lips, "Kriya I love you, I am in love with you. I know there can be no one better for me than you. You have stolen my heart and although I know you are not in love with me yet, I know there will be a day when you will be… so I ask you today, to trust my heart and marry me. Will you Kriya Ghai marry me?"

*********
Ab kya hoga😵
Kriya kya answer degi😱.
Stay tuned😝
Update whenever u want😘