Chapter 34

I take a taxi to get to Armaan's house. When I arrive, I notice the beautiful house has two cars parked in the garage. I think nothing of it and ring the bell. When the door opens, I am shocked to see who is on the other side. It is RIddhima.

She smiles at me and says, "Hi Kriya, come

She smiles at me and says, "Hi Kriya, come... Armaan was expecting you." I nod and slowly enter the house. I turn to Riddhima and ask, "Do you two live together?" Riddhima laughs, "Of course Kriya, usually married couples do live together." My jaw drops, "Armaan never told me you two were married." Armaan interrupts, "That's because Riddhima and I like to keep our professional and personal lives separate, although it's kind of hard since she is always arguing with me at the hospital."

Riddhima smacks Armaan over the head exclaiming, "I do not! You always start it Armaan! Anyways didn't you have something important to tell Kriya." Armaan looks serious at this point and says, "Let's talk in the study." I nod and follow Armaan into the study. I start looking around at the numerous books and then turn my attention over to Armaan.

We both sit on the couch and I ask, "So what did you need an opinion on? At first I thought it was about Riddhima, but I can see it's clearly not because you two are already happily married." He awkwardly laughs and then slowly starts, "Kriya there is something you need to know, something from my past that still continues to haunt me." I immediately become interested and ask, "What is it Armaan?" He gets up and stands in front of the window looking out at the rain pouring. He continues, "It was my fault Kriya... I was the one that asked Rey to break up with you..." I scream, "WHAT?!"

He says, "I'll tell you everything from the beginning... It all started the when Rey and I were hanging out with Amar, Nil, and Bharat. We were getting bored so Nil said, 'Rey, I challenge you to make the first girl to enter through that gate fall in love with you.' That's when you walked through the gate wearing churidaar, looking so beautiful and pure.

I wanted to protest because only I knew how much I liked you

I wanted to protest because only I knew how much I liked you. When Rey saw you he immediately said, 'No way guys I can't. Just look at her... she's too innocent.' Then Nil, Bharat, and Amar started to tease Rey. He reluctantly agreed and I became really upset. Soon Rey became friends with you and he formally introduced you to us. I was happy just being friends with you, but the more I saw you with Rey... the more jealous I became. You started showing interests in Rey and then you both started dating. I became really depressed because I couldn't see you with him anymore."