Chapter Ten

-Merida's POV-

"Woah, she has a diary!" I said out loud, by mistake. Damn, Elsa's gotta have heard that. I should have said it a little quieter so she wouldn't suspect something was up. But I didn't care. I wasn't scared of that know it all brat who thinks she is always right. She is an awfully boring jerk who I despise with passion.

I opened the diary with a grin on my face, and began scanning the first page (I read very fast) which had crap full of 'I did this' 'I did that' 'I think today's lesson was so interesting...' what a load of bullshit! Elsa and Hiccup were still outside chatting about a stuff load of shit probably, I mean, they are shit, but oh well. I kicked Jack with my shoe and he groaned.

"What the was that for, Merida?" he grumbled, rubbing it. I'm his friend, which is an advantage, and a girl, so he wouldn't hit me. But if you aren't either of those things you'd better run if you did what I just did.

"Look!" I whispered, pointing at the diary. Jack got it straight away and a sly smile formed on his face as I began flicking through the pages to find something interesting. I glanced and saw Crystal was busy looking around Elsa's room, frowning slightly as she had nothing to say against it. "Psstt Crystal, you come too," Crystal turned as I said her name and smirked as she came over. She bent over so she could read the diary and her hand brushed the top of Jack's fingers.

I heard Elsa suddenly give a violent scream but took no notice, snapping my fingers at Jack's direction so he could block the door. He moved forwards and then I started reading the page. It looked interesting enough, and I placed my finger on the first word, breathing out.

Dear Diary, (what a soppy line)

I don't know whats happening but I don't know why I feel bad. I mean, Mavis is my best friend. We've known eachother for years now. And I'm getting jealous of her! Am I? I mean, I don't know if I am or not, but what I am about to write may be classified as jealousy. And I don't want to be jealous of my best friend. I feel awful for the way I am feeling. I sometimes wish my feelings could vanish in just a flick of a switch and then I don't have to feel this constant aching in my heart.

She's dating Flynn. The guy I've had a crush on for years. I thought he'd ask me out, but instead, he decided to go for Mavis. I don't blame him- Mavis is pretty, attractive and the bad girl while I am a know it all. I feel so strange right now, because I am not really into relationships. I don't know, something about Flynn intruged me. I guess now I have to just deal with it like a strong person, though I am not strong.

I am a little upset, and also guilty for feeling like this. Why can't I somehow control my feelings? They just make everything worse.

When he asked her it broke my heart and I had weird butterflies in my stomach. Obviously you would, I mean, if you like someone for more than four years and they ask your best friend...

There's another thing. Flynn's my best friend too. Hiccup's the only one that knows how I feel. I can trust him with anything. I am afraid to admit it to either Mavis and Flynn because I am afraid our friendship may change because of it.