Chapter Fifty One

-Elsa's POV-

"Next!" cried Miss Melody from inside the audition room. I nibbled my lip anxiously as Jasmine came out, grinning as though she was positive she was going to be the one chosen to sing. I clasped and unclasped and clasped my hands nervously.

"Elsa, it's going to be okay," whispered Jack behind me, pressing his hand on my shoulder. I shivered at his touch because his hand was cold on my skin, but I didn't mind it. It wasn't the thing bothering me at the moment.

"Yes, I know, but-" I frowned slightly, rubbing the creases on my forehead that were there because I was frowning too much, “-I just can't help being nervous. I have a dozen questions running through my head right now."

"You’re thinking about the negative stuff," Jack told me, placing his arm around my shoulders and squeezing it with his hand. "Try to thing positively. That's what’s keeping me from shitting in my pants because I'm so fucking nervous right now."

"You’re nervous too?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. "You don't act like it."

"Yeh, well, if I acted how I felt I don't think many people will enjoy being around me," said Jack, raising an eyebrow. "Well, like now," he added, shrugging slightly. "But I'm sure you'll be there to be my shoulder to cry on."

"You wish," I giggled, rubbing his head. He grinned and didn't try to move my hand away.

"Next!" came Miss Melody's voice. My eyes suddenly went wide as I began biting my manicured nails. I didn't expect it to be so quick! I thought it would take at least another ten minutes or so... Now there are only six people left until they reach me and Jack! Five for Hiccup, the poor thing.

"God!" I said. "I'm so scared we're going to fail!"

"Hey," Jack said, lifting up my chin with his hand, staring intensely into my eyes. "I'm here with you, right? No need to be afraid. Because even if we fail, I'm not going to leave your side, Elsa. We're in this together. Even if we both fail or not."

My lips twitched as though they were going to turn into a smile. He was being so brave and kind to me. I really like him because of how much he cares. I'm not even sure he treated Merida, Johnny or Rapunzel like this.

Well, we continued staring at each other like that, and I was on the verge of blushing.

"Worried?" came a loud voice, snapping me out of my thoughts. Jack's hand immediately slipped from beneath my chin, and I was not expecting it, so my head fell onto my chest, hurting it slightly because my chin was so hard. I held my head up high and then massaged my chest, seeing who the talker was.

"Oh," I said. "You."

"So surprised to see me?" said Merida, who was grinning cheekily. I smiled warmly at her (wow, I'm smiling a lot these days) even though I felt as though my heart had just dropped all the way to my feet (because I was nervous, not because of her).

"Yeh," Jack said, gripping my hand tightly. "I thought you were going to be standing in the line, waiting to audition. You do realize this line is long, right? Johnny will go mental if he finds you all the way here."

"Oh, no, we're auditioning tomorrow," Merida said, gesturing vaguely at the line. "So we won't have to stand in all this."

"I bet you persuaded Johnny to do that?" Jack said, looking as though he was going to let out a laugh. "How did he persuade you to join this, anyway?"

"Let's not discuss the details," Merida muttered, fingering her long, tangled curls. To be honest, her hair would be lovely if she kept it clean and brushed.

I turned and began playing with my fingers, letting the two friends talk and listening quietly to their conversation. I didnt want to interfere. It's not like me and Merida were friends anyway. Jack and her were, though. She may have been friendly to me but I don't think she wanted to be friends. She was just being nice because I was Jack's friend.

I never knew he and Merida were on proper speaking terms. I mean, I knew she was one of his best friends, but she hadn't talked like, had a really deep proper conversation. The occasional glance, smile and talk before, but, nothing more than that. Now they were talking as if they were best friends again. It was weird.