Moment Of Truth

I sit there, determining whether or not to confront Brandon about what I now know.

  Did he really think i wouldn't find out? Im his 'mate' for gods sake, dont i have the same rights as him? I mean, its a lot to take in but why would he hide it besides that? He has no excuse.

  There's a lot running through my mind but i decide on waiting until he tells me. If, he tells me. Maybe he doesn't know yet? Maybe he just figured out? The real question...

  What do they want from us?

  *

   After 20 minutes of thinking in his office, i finally made my way to the kitchen and am now making myself a sandwich. Or, trying to.

   "Where's all the food?" I grummble.

   "Can I help?" I turn around from the sound of a female voice. I see a lady around the age of Darren's. She has redish hair and freckles all along her ckeeks.

  I smile, "Im trying to make a sandwich but i can't seem to find the ham."

  She gives an amused smile. "Second drawer in the fridge."

  I do as she explained, and to my satisfaction the ham is there. Sitting there, mocking my very existence.

  "Thank you." I say, turning around to make my sandwich.

  "You're very welcome, Luna."

  "Please, call me T." I correct her.

  "Oh thats right, Darren said that you wouldn't like to be called Luna quite yet." She gives me a smirk, as if knowing that i don't plan on staying.

  "Darren?" I ask, ignoring the annoying remark she had made.

  "Yeah, he's my mate." She seems to light up, just talking about him. "My name is Ivy."

I nod, keeping my eyes focused on making my sandwich. "It's nice to meet you Ivy."

  After that we start to make conversation. I made her a sandwich as well and we talked between bites. I have to say, its nice having a friend that gets me. It's like having another Iryse.

  Speaking of Iryse...

Where is she?

  I excuse myself from the kitchen and our conversation. She nods and heads upstairs.

  Looking for Iryse, im surprised when i don't see her anywhere near...well, anywhere. She couldn't have just disapeared?  She didn't have a car so she couldn't have left unless she wants to walk 20 miles to a broken down gas station.

  I head to the front door to see if shes outside in the garden i saw when we left for the mall.

Im out of luck and places to look when i don't find her outside either.

  I make my way back inside before a hand pulls me back. On instinct, I jult my elbow back and hit a hard chest in the stomach. A few moments after, i hear a quiet "Shit".

  I instantly recognize the voice and turn around to see a wincing Brandon.

  "Im so sorry!" I say, grabbing his arm and helping him up.

  I love how i said its painful to see him in pain, yet i just elbowed him in the gut.

  "It's okay. I probably deserved it." He laughs a bit. Or tries to.

  Remembering what he is keeping from me i think 'more than you know'.

   I scowl, and head to open the front door angerly. He obviously notices because once im inside he doesn't wait to follow me. I can feel his body heat against my back.

  "Are you mad at me for a reason that i have yet to be informed of?" He asks, almost mockingly

  He isnt taking this seriously.

  "Do you have something to tell me Mr?" I ask turning around and putting my finger on his chest.

He looks down and smirks. I try not to show how much of an effect he has on me and just stand my ground.

He puts the ass in jackass

  "You found out." His smirk is gone. He slumps against the door and runs his hands through his hair.

  I pit my finger down, still a little pissed. "Why haven't you told me?" I ask, demanding an answer.

  "I didn't want you to worry, and get involved." He answers sincerely.

  "Too late. Im worrying, involved, and pissed."  I cross my arms.

  Turning to leave i only get so far before im stopped by being pulled back and pushed against the door. I look to see Brandon, his eyes pitch black. I try to get lose but his grip on me only tightens. Making it impossible to move.

  "I don't like it when you're mad at me." He says, putting his mouth near my neck. His warm breath flowing against my ear.

  "Let me go." I say, trying not to make any sign of weakness.

  "You're so beautiful." He caresses my cheek, ignoring my demand to let me go.

  "Brandon. What are you doing.." I ask him in a whisper.

  "You told me to stay, well guess what? Im here mi amor. And im not leaving." He brings me closer to his chest.

  Remembering what he said in his sleep i try to tie the pieces together. Is he okay?

  "Brandon, you need to let me go." His eyes show a flash of green before they go right back to black.

  "I can hold what is mine!" He yells. Making me jump a bit.

  "What the heck is going on with you!" I fire back.

  We stare at eachother for what seemed like forever. His eyes don't change color but his lips are curved into a frown.

  Noticing im looking at his lips, he looks at mine and back to my eyes.

  "Im sorry." Is all he says.

  And with that, his lips soon create sparks as they connect with mine. It takes me a few moments but soon after, I kiss him back. I put my hands around his neck, and he's quick to put both arms around my waist.

  We pull away and a smile is crept onto my face when i see that his brown sparkly eyes are back.

  "Its okay." I say, answering his apology from before he kissed me.

  He lets go, and backs up, giving me some room. My heart sinks because of the loss of phisycal contact between us.

  "Brandon?" I ask, just before he could turn to walk away.

  "Yes?"

  "What do they want? The 'most dangerous pack'." I ask, laughing a little at the nick name. They couldn't be that bad.

He sighs "My life." That's all he says before leaving me in the doorway, shocked, scared, and once again, pissed. This time, not at Brandon.

  ***
   HEYYYYY sooooo this was a shorrrrt chapter. I promise the next one will be longer.

   Dont forget to votttte

  What are your thoughts?

This was fun to right 😂