Time and Space

HEY GUYS!! I have to say... WE HAVE A RANK IN WEREWOLF!!! We are rank 858 in werewolf and Im SOoo HapPPy!!! Ahh 😚😊❤ good job! Xoxo

Enjoy the chapter!
***

It's been 1 month now. I have a great apartment that is shared with Iryse and her wonderful girlfriend. I have a small perfect job, that pays just as good as Iryse's job. Everything is...perfect here. Almost too perfect. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been bad at all. I haven't thought of Brandon...that much, and i think i can handle what life has to throw at me. Although, I haven't been in contact with Ferma, and it feels different. Bad different. It's not like i could just stay with him after i knew what he did right? There is no excuse for killing people, everyone deserves life.

"Hey T, have a look at this." Iryse walks into the room, throwing me the morning newspaper. Usually its the same thing, just robberies, sales, and openings of new stores. I mean, its not like this is a big town, i just like to stay low.

"Why whats so different with this one?" I ask, arching an eyebrow and picking up the black and white paper.

"Read it." She gives me a stern look, nodding towards the news paper.

I look down, reading the big bold text: Man Threatens Bar Tender to Show Him Where 'she' Is. My mouth turns into a frown. This is different. "What's this about?"

She sighs, flipping over to the other side. She points to a man in the wide picture. My eyes widen, recognizing who he is. "We can't keep running." She protests.

My gaze stays focused on the picture of the familiar concerned face. Those lips that i kissed. Those hands that i held. Those eyes that i looked into. The person that i saw a future with, before everything went into a different direction.

My eyes trail to the clock. It reads 7:56 pm. My shift ended about 30 minutes ago. He isn't possibly going to keep looking for me at night right? Maybe he'll take a break. Why is he coming to look for me now though? I can't quite put my finger on it.

I have to do something. I can leave, get another house, another job. I can't let him find me or who knows how much trouble ill be in. I could reject him, but i heard that's the most painful thing a mate can feel. Rejection. I don't want to pain him in any way, but i don't want him to come looking for me either. I just need time. Granted, i did have time, but i just can't go back right now. Its complicated.

"T, i have some worse news." Iryse sits down in the chair across from me. We have a pretty good apartment, it has a kitchen, living room, and 2 bedrooms with 1 bathroom. Right now we are in the kitchen sitting at the table across from eachother.

My eyes focus on her, turning my head to meet her eyes. "Yep? Worse than this? I doubt it." I roll my eyes, taking a sip of my apple juice. What? I can't like the juice of a nice ripe apple?

"Well, its the full moon today." She winces and closes her eyes, not meeting mine. Im not that intimidating.

"Full moon. Okay?" I ask, still confused as to why the full moon is so bad.

Her eyes slowly open, taking in my confused expression. She relaxes and opens her mouth to explain. "Remember? Heat?"

It takes me a minute but soon enough it all comes flooding back. The pain. The him. "Shit. Shit shit shit." I curse, standing up and pacing around the kitchen.

"Okay okay, calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down!" My eyes narrow at her.

She frowns, getting up and walking into the bathroom. Im a bully. I sit on the couch, looking out the window. This doesn't feel right. None of it feels right. I look down at my trembling hands, then back up to watch the sun go down. Here it goes again. The pain should be coming as soon as the sun dies to give the moon life.