A Monster

There are so many ways people can feel during a funeral, so many thoughts running through their heads. After someone dies it's not just a loss in the world, its a loss in your heart. We are all here, as people, to help eachother, protect eachother, and care. We are not here to harm eachother, threaten eachother, and kill. Seeing Brandon in the pack doctors office, made me realize just how much we need to care, and treat eachother right. The world wasn't made for war, it was made for peace, and im here to make it that way.

  When i tell you, that everything seems to be going by slow, im not over exaggerating. By now, my thoat is dryed out into the texture of sandpaper, my hands are clamy like a soapy rag, and my cheeks are salty and stained. I clutch tightly onto the side of the bed Brandon is laying on, in the doctors surgery room. We are extremely lucky that he doesnt need any surgery, just a place to sleep, with the doctor in tow.

  "Luna? Did you hear me?" I stiffly shake my head. I was too lost in thought to listen to the -most likley important- words that came from the doctors mouth. "It appears that your father used Wolves Bane to harm Alpha Brandon."

  My back goes stiff at the mention of my 'father'. "Wolves Bane. Is that like a kryptonite but for wolves?" I stay starring intently at Brandon, as though, hoping he would wake up just with my eyes watching his every move. Not that hes moving..anyway.

   "Yes, only taking place in a liquid form. How he managed Brandon to come in contact with it is beyond me." He shakes his head in a disapproving manner.

  Thinking back now, i remember seeing a broken glass next to Brandon when he was laying on the floor of my old house. He drank it.

  "My dad must've given him a drink or something, because i remember there being a glass cup right next to him." I explain, leaving a surprised expression on doc's face.

  "Really?" He asks, going to look at some papers on his desk. "Usually we can sense the substance near us."

  "Well, he defiantly drank it." I reasure him. "Remember the blood coming out of his mouth?"

  "Yes i suppose i do." He looks at me, then to Brandon. "I'll be back. He should be waking up very shortly." He picks up a few papers and a folders, and heads out. Leaving me with my helpless Alpha.

  Grabbing his hand, i let out a pained sigh. What am i gonna do with you? It doesn't help that everytime he's trying to save my ass, i have to come and save his. I guess that's what mates are for. Team work. I nudge his hand a little, wondering if it will give him just enough to wake up.

  Nothing.

"Please. Please wake up. The longer you stay asleep, the less likely it is for you to be okay." I whisper, with a tight grip on his hand. "Please."

  A nudge is sent to my own hand, leaving me with a surprised grin. Did he just? Did that just?

  "T?" If i had a drink for every time i heard that, i wouldn't be able to sober up.

  "Im here, im here." I whisper, grabbing both his hands. I give him a much rehearsed smile.

  He bolts upward, leaving my hand on the bed. As soon as he does this, his next action is his hand to the back of his head. "Jeez, how long have i been out?"

  "A few days. We have been worried sick. We figured out that you drank Wolves Bane." I laugh slightly, trying to give a positive turn to the conversation. "What a dumb move."

  He gives me a blank expression. "Stupid, never take a drink offered to you by that man." He stops. "Or any man." His jaw tightens.

  "Its okay. Its all over now." Is it really though? I mean, it's a lot, with the other pack lurking near ours. Now with my parents coming to kill Brandon.

  What else could go wrong?

   The door busts open. "Alpha, you have a visitor." I turn to see a guy, with a blue shirt and messy brown hair. Looking as concered as I.

   Brandon's eyes trail elsewhere. It takes me a moment to understand what he's doing, but then i remembering the mind link. He must be mind liking someone.

   "Darren should be there soon. Tell them i'll be there shortly." The guy nods, closing the door behind him as he walks out.

  "Go up to my room and stay there." He tells me, getting off the bed and putting on a decent shirt.

  "But i wanna come to." I frown.

  "T. This is business, i don't want you in anymore trouble." He pats my head like im some sort of 3 year old.

  "Did it ever accure to you that maybe, just maybe, you're the one getting in all the trouble?" He takes in my point of view, but just shakes his head.

  "Stay. Here." Before i can retaliate, he's already out the door.

  "You're the dog, i should be telling you that." I grumble, walking over to the door, waiting a few seconds to open in to make sure hes gone.

  I slowly edge the door open, wincing as it makes a silent creak. What's so important out there? Pushing it open more, I walk out when I see no one coming. Okay, now to find my way back to the front door, living room thing. I walk carefully down the hallway and take a right turn, and then a left. Luckily i see the kitchen. Score! Wait. Why am i tiptoing? No ones here.

  Making my way to the living room, I see a group of people sitting on the couch and two people standing. I recognize the two standing as Jacob and Jackson from the Fallen Shadow Pack. I shudder at the thought of the Alpha's name being the same as my fathers. Jacob's eyes land on me and my cheeks stain red. He offers a small smile and i willingly return it. I scan the room to see Ellyse eyeing Jacob with love struck eyes. Brandon is in a stare down with Jackson, and i think everyone else feels at least a little awkward.

After 5 minutes, i gain the courage to speak. "Hello?" Instantly all eyes snap to me.

  Jackson gives a wicked grin. "Oh, well if it isn't our little Tejilia!" I wince as calls me by my full name.

  I don't think about asking him why he knows it, because im too infuriated by his presence. "What are you doing here?" I hiss.

  "T-" i throw my hand up, not letting Brandon even start his sentence. Serves him right, he tried to make me uninvolved. Ill show you uninvolved.

  "Isn't is clear? I came to kill. To kill your Alpha of course." He smiles.

  "Its funny, im having the sudden urge to pound your face in." I smile innocently.

  He scowls. "Princess, do you know why i want to kill your Alpha?" He awaits my answer. "Go on, Tell her Brandon." Brandons face falls into a frown. His head is faced to the prickly carpet. "He killed thousands of people. He killed thousands of my people." He continues.

  "You're lying. You're not welcome here." I spit, suddenly feeling powerful, instead of powerless.

  "Your Alpha is a monster." He directs the last word at Brandon himself.

The one word registers in my mind. Remembering back to when i used to call him one. To when i used to think the same.

Its funny really, because i don't want to believe it, but deep down, i know its true. For some reason, my mouth waters with anticipaton, my hands arent clamy but turned to fists, and my cheeks are red with anger.

  A monster...

  ****
Vote!

This was meant to be short!!!! Ehhehehehehe

I liked writing this though so yo welcommmme!

Comment.

Love xoxo