Chapter Seventeen

Clara's POV

It's been exactly four months since Audrey's coronation and three months since my own.

It's been a challenging few months, let's just put it that way. I've had to go back and forth between Dranthoven and HQ, especially the past couple weeks as Devin and Juno have been away on holiday.

The current time was ten-thirty at night and I knew without a doubt that Audrey was going to be so angry at me.

I've been leaving the office quite late the past few weeks and she hasn't been happy with me to say the least. I said that I would leave early today but I must have lost track of time. Oh, and to top that off, my phone has been on silent the past couple of hours so I can only imagine how many times Audrey has tried to call me. In fact, I didn't even want to imagine it.

As I filed away my papers, I was going over what I would say to Audrey when I got home. Maybe I should buy her flowers? No, she didn't like flowers. She liked buying them, just not receiving them.

Maybe I should buy her a new pair of heels? She was a woman who loved her heels and I absolutely loved that about her. If I did that, she could potentially throw them at me if she was angry enough. At least the flowers would hurt less.

I filed away the final papers and locked my cabinet before standing up from my desk and stretching out. It's been a long day and I just couldn't wait to go home and go to bed, if Audrey didn't make me sleep on the sofa in our room that is.

When I left the office, it took me about fifteen minutes or so to get back to castle. The newly designed castle.

Once Audrey had her coronation, she wanted to redesign the castle. New ruler, new castle she said. Also, bearing in mind the castle was no longer Vichering Castle, I agreed with her in terms of making a change. I mean, it did have my last name on it.

Reynolds Castle it was now called. Audrey took my last name when we got married a month ago, although she started to use my last name before that anyway.

She said she didn't want her family name to be related to the throne because it would mean her parents were still involved somehow in her life and after they practically disowned her, neither of us wanted that. So, she is now a Reynolds and of course, I was very happy when it was made official on our wedding day.

So, with all of that happening, Audrey and I turned to Devin to build a new castle. It took a few weeks but eventually she got it finished, with the help of Tatum and Sasha by the end of the project. That helped to speed it up a lot.

Some people didn't like the fact that we rebuilt the castle while others were in approval. It didn't bother us though; it was something they were just going to have to get used to because it was going to happen with or without their approval.

When I walked into the castle, I was greeted by every staff member I passed. I was still getting used to this royalty thing. It has yet to sink in.

I didn't like being constantly guarded though so I asked to have a distant guard rather than one who was by my side every day. Audrey had the latter and she didn't mind it. I had that too the first few weeks and I absolutely hated it. So, Audrey and I compromised and said I still had to have a guard, but they could guard me from afar. I agreed.

Seeing two guards guarding Audrey and I's bedroom, let me know immediately that she was in there.

Upon seeing me, the guards bowed their head, "Your majesty, Queen Audrey is inside."

I nodded, "Thank you, Adam. How is she and be honest?"

He briefly looked at the other guard before turning back to face me, "She is angry, to say the least, your majesty."