seventy six

Charlotte exhaled slowly into the cold London air as she climbed out of the taxi. The black taxi drove off behind her, the dim yellow light of the car evaporating away. It was dark and late; Charlotte debated whether or not she should turn around and call another taxi to take her back to her hotel. But her heart pulled her closer to the huge house and before she knew it her feet were trudging along the gravel.

She stopped for a second, still a couple of feet from the towering house and looked down at the alimenting screen of her phone, checking she was at the right place. After Simon had sent her the address she looked it up on google maps to avoid any mistakes or awkwardness if she read the address wrong, which knowing her luck she would have. She also may have done it to quench her anticipation and try and imagine how she'd go about the situation. Charlotte knew Simon lived with a few other of the sidemen members, and the size and lavishness of the plot definitely showed it. The house in front of her matched the house in the picture on her phone, and that caused her to let out a sigh of relief. But the sigh also held a hint of disappointment as if she kind of hoped she would accidently turn up at the wrong one, giving her an excuse and a reason to go back to her room.

She'd been wondering about how this night was going to pan out all day after she left Simon in the coffee shop, she even missed a really good photography opportunity because she was too deep in her thoughts. Would the other boys be there? What had he planned? Would she forgive him? What would he say? Would she be able to keep her hands off him? Would she be able to focus on what he said? Would she be able to keep herself together? Would she crumble as soon as she saw him, forgiving him and kissing him? Does he still want her?

There were so many questions and possibilities, they were all driving her crazy and she had to block them out by listening to music. But everything reminded her of Simon, especially twenty one pilots, which was usually her safe place.

She slowly glanced up from her phone, locking it and putting it in her small handbag, she took a deep breath before walking towards the intimidating door. She wasn't ready to face him yet, but then again she never would be ready. But she couldn't stand outside his house all night. And she'd never forgive herself if she left, she'd always wonder how it would have turned out, it would eat her up.

She had no clue what to wear, what were supposed to wear when you meet your ex for the second time ever in real life? Who you still love? Google didn't help. And she had no one to ask.

She had wanted to look good, make him see what he was missing, reminding him of why he thought she was so beautiful, but not too overdressed but not underdressed, it was all so complicated; it was only his house. Charlotte knew that this overwhelming panic and worry over something trivial showed how much she cared, and how scared she was. Even though she wouldn't admit it, she wanted this to go the best possible way, the fairy tale way. But Charlotte was too familiar with raw real life and hurt and all the other negative feelings, she was sceptical and all she could think about was the worst scenario and it pained her.

Charlotte hadn't packed her suitcase for this situation. She had no clothes appropriate for this unpredictable situation, she'd only packed for a few days of pure photography. She usual didn't care what other people thought of her or what she wore, especially her fellow classmates, but Simon; Simon had always made her feel different.

The nicest thing she could find in her suitcase was a pair of black jeans and a black and white striped crop top that had thin spaghetti straps. But that was all still quite basic and pedestrian, so she decided to find the cheapest pair of nice black heels. She searched all the shops near the coffee place before she found the perfect pair at an independent clothing store.

Now here she stood, outside Simon's large house in that very outfit, matched with some simple earrings, her curly purple hair pulled into a low bun, stray strands framing her face and with the best eyeliner she'd ever managed, paired with a dark red lipstick, the rest of her makeup beautiful too. She looked stunning and effortlessly perfect like a dream model girl, which completely contrasted how she felt.