2~ Let it Out

Keep Calm and Talk it Out

Chapter 2

)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__

May 2, 1990- Wednesday

Yesterday, I was ready for school to be over so I can start my training. I told the group at lunch but those idiots didn't believe me.

"You're not starting training today," Cinder commented as she put her hair up with a neon green scrunchie.

I shot she a glare and replied, "Shut up no one was talking to you, Cinder."

"Why do I even try with you?" she responded.

"Why does anyone?" Rebecca added.

I rolled my eyes and repeated, "I'm going to be the next leader of the Diamond Stone pack so you better watch the way you talk to me."

"What are you going to be called? Alpha Nina?" Charolette laughed.

"No, I'll be called Luna Nina," I answered.

Rena put her pizza bagel down and suggested, "What if you meet your mate?"

"Don't be crazy no one is ever going to love that freak," Cinder added.

Rebecca gave her a high five and said, "That's true."

"You're one to talk Cinder because it doesn't seem like your mate loves you," I fired back.

"Oh you want to go there?" she asked.

"Hey we don't need you two to start fighting like idiots again," Rena said and went back to eating her pizza bagel.

Ottis lean into the table and pitched in, "You know, I think I'm going to be the leader of the pack."

"Why would that be?" I asked.

"Because I'm a male and the second in line," he idly responded.

"You are the most lackadaisical person I know," I stated.

"What in the world is lackadaisical? It's not an insult if I don't know what it means," he replied.

"I'm the best fit for the leader of the pack between the four of us. I mean Rena doesn't care and I'm smarter than the both of you," I explained while motioning to them.

"Well with your condition," Wyatt began to say but I cut him off.

"Shut up, no one asked for your input."

"Don't talk to him like that," Cinder warned.

"I'll talk to him how I want and it's not my fault he felt like chiming into my conversation," I replied.

"Lord can we not have you two bickering?" Rena asked.

Veronica sighed and added, "Nina is the next leader and there's no debating. Now let's talk about something else."

"I agree," Sear commented. "Are we going to see that new movie The Guardian?"

"No we should go to the drive-in on Friday to watch that new movie "Short Time"," London suggested.

"Yeah it's going to be a comedy," Frank agreed. The group nodded their heads before the sound of the bell rung.

After school, I went to Father's office and asked, "I'm the next leader of this pack right?"

"Good afternoon honey," he replied.

I rolled my eyes and greeted, "Good afternoon Father, I'm the next leader of this pack right?"

"You know honey you should really knock when you enter my office," he ignored.

"Father do we have to do this again?" I asked and tilted my head to the side. He gave me a look that said that he was serious. I walked out of the room, closed the door, knock and asked politely, "Can I come in?"

"I don't know? Can you?" he responded.

"May I come in?"

"Who is it?"

"Your daughter," I stated the obvious.

"Which one?"

"Seriously? It's Nina."

"Okay you may come in," he invited.

I walked in and asked again, "I'm the next leader of this pack right?"

He looked up at me and asked, "Nina how was your day?"

"Dad! Please stop changing the subject. Who's the next leader of the Diamond Stone Pack?"

"Don't raise your voice at me, honey. I will give you answer when I'm ready," he said calmly as always. I've never seen him yell at our family and he had a certain look on his face as if he didn't want to continue the conversation and I didn't want to push his limits. I took a deep breath and left his office.

I don't know what's going to happen next but I better be one to lead the pack, no one is going to take that away from me.

~N

)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__)(__--__

Vote & Comment. ~Proudly_Weird €>~<3