Issue #7...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

I walked to the closest thing in this world to my home—Kaiba Corp. It had been a long and tiring night. I needed rest...I could finally have it. Each breath was longer as I got to his place; exhaustion had swept through me. It was hard to think today I broke out of the hospital; gotten stabbed, and had found out the world rested in my hands—paws—whatever.

I walked in through the doors, didn't even bother to go the receptionist desk as I walked to the elevator door and hit the button for the eighth floor. I realized about halfway up that I needed the security card to get the door even open for the eighth floor.

Pounding on the elevator door I cried. "Hey you guys let me in! I forgot the card!" I shouted tiredly; I kept pounding the door in annoyance. I heard voices on the other side.

"It's Hope; get the door open Seto!" Mokuba said to him.

"I can't; it's only able to be opened from the inside." Seto said and called back, "Quit pounding on the door you'll jam it!"

I glanced at the door that had a large dent in it from my strength. "Oops...sorry I forgot!"

"How could you forget—" Joey called though the door. Kaiba called out; interrupting him;

"Listen! Go to the receptionist desk and threaten to fire him if he doesn't give you the card. I did say you could work here..." I could visually imagine him rolling his eyes.

"Fine," I spat and hit the button for the first floor. I should've gone to the receptionist desk in the first place. I could still smell Seto's strong cologne in the elevator from when he had gone in at least half an hour ago.

Suddenly the light for the seventh floor beeped and the doors stopped and opened. Tristan got in the elevator next to me.

*******************************************************************

Tristan had earlier gone down to the seventh floor and asked for doctor Hastens. His head was pounding and he could feel the blood drying on his forehead.

He sat patiently on a chair next to the receptionist on that floor. He felt his blood pulsing though his head and wondered if Hope followed the trail of his blood from Yugi's to the alleyway. After all it made sense—well minus the fact she was a wolf she could track the smell of anything—he wondered if maybe she could do that all the time or if she was only paying attention.

In fact he wondered a lot of things about her. He didn't know if he could trust her. She had saved their butts that was certain—especially against the group of thirty people with duel disks and that stupid symbol for Oracalcos—but at what cost—by not telling them the truth—the whole truth?

He hated the Oracalcos more than anything. Not only had that group long ago sent Yugi, and not his pharaoh spirit either—to the Shadow Realm and they also sent Joey. They were only brought out of it because Pharaoh beat the ring leader. That's what they also have to do—take down the head and the beast will die.

A sudden clear of the throat made him look up. "I don't suppose you're Hope Young are you?"

"No; I certainly don't think so—the name's Tristan. Hope, she's at Mr. Motto's place I think."

The doc was wearing squared glasses and dark red spiked hair; his eyes were grayish silver. His eye brows raised as Tristan mentioned Hope's name. "Favors of Ms. Young then? Come this way." He said and rather harshly took him to his office. He ushered Tristan to a chair as he turned to him; his glasses gleaming mysteriously. He was silent, he mentioned nothing as Tristan lied of how he had harmed his head and the doc silently drew a card from his pocket.