Issue #24...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

It was morning before I stirred, my head pounding like it was going to explode. I groaned sitting up as the morning sun drifted through the thickest branches and blinded me.

“Ugh; that was hell.” I said massaging my head and tightly closing my eyes. Entrez, I groaned in my thoughts, please remind me why we were so freakin’ excited for a fight? I wondered how hard I had hit my head if I was being the voice of reason. Entrez was generally the wiser one.

We’re a wolf, she mused in my mind, You know you enjoyed it. I had enjoyed parts of the fight, but getting my head slammed was ‘kind of’ dissatisfying. I would have enjoyed the fight more if I would have won without the concussion.

I was in the place I recognized as the meadow—somebody must’ve moved me. My head began to pound even harder after I had sat up. I groaned and placed my head between my knees and closed my eyes tightly—hoping the headache would vanish or the world would stop spinning so fast. I think I would have opted for being passed out still.

“Hope? Are you okay?” I heard a familiar voice say.

“Seto—that you?” I asked; my eyes snapped open in surprise, to find myself staring at deep warm blue eyes as he looked at me carefully. He had kneeled down and was at my level. He hadn’t changed a bit, his black turtleneck and clothes attire, and his long, white sleeveless KC jacket; and his dark blue invasive eyes.

I was speechless, my face heating up as I stared at him. Seto was here in my world? How did that happen, then last night’s fight recollected in my mind and I suppressed a pained groan.

“Are you hurt?—You’re bleeding,” He stated and moved his fingers across the side of my head as if to examine it. I could hear Joey argueing with Tristan off in the distance. The dobe.

“I wasbleeding—remember that I can heal; Seto….I’m fine—minus the pounding headache.”

“Is there anything I can do?” He asked and I nodded, regretting so when my head pounded more.

“Yes—would you stop talking?” He frowned as I tried to explain, “I’m sorry—it’s not that I’m not happy to see you, but every movement—every light—every sound…right now is killing me. The sound of Joey is making my skin crawl.” He gave a soft chuckle, trying to hide it, but he failed.

“That’s him every day,” He stated. I rolled my eyes, he was such a smart mouth.

I began to stand up—still closing my eyes for comfort. My body wavered when more light beamed though the forest through my closed eyelids. I groaned loudly when I continued to hear Joey and Tristan arguing over who was the most lost when it came to being in this place. Could they ever just shut up? My thoughts were pretty biased though right now since any sound was agonizing.

Suddenly I was being rocked up into the air and into his hands. I felt my stomach turn inside me—oh god, please don’t let me get sick….

“Are you okay? You look worse.” Seto observed after he had picked me up into his arms; I could feel his blue eyes bearing down on me.

“You think I look worse, great, cause I feel just fantastic—” I said blandly as soon as my stomach stopped turning from Seto Kaiba swishing me through the air like I was nothing. I opened my eyes for a brief moment to see Seto rolling his eyes at me. My nausea caught up with me and I closed my eyes quickly. I heard Wheeler running up behind me and Kaiba, Tristan quickly followed.

“Hey what’s going on!? Is Hope feeling better!?”

“Shut up Wheeler.” He said and I felt him beginning to walk. I felt my head begin to rock in motion to his steps as he carried me in his arms. Please don’t let me get sick, please, I silently prayed.