Issue #45...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

***********************************************************

“Hope!!!” Somebody shouted and I opened my eyes groggily.

What the hell did they want? I thought grumpily, beginning to close my eyes again. Whatever it was it could wait…

“Ugh, dammit!” Suddenly the bed I was sleeping on rocked and my eyes snapped open. I remembered we weren’t home, we were on the run from Trackers, Bakura and his lot as well. Sawyer was in front of me with a growl, his dagger clashing with a Shadowy image of me…a Dusk. He was pinned between the hood of the car and the Dusk, which had been only feet from where I was sleeping. If I wasn’t awake before, I was now.

I swore, smacking Seto next to me. “Get up!” I ordered, leaping from the hood of the Camaro, shape shifting as I dove for the shadowy image, which had shifted into Sawyer’s form. As my fangs tore into its throat it evaporated and I landed on the ground with a snarl.

“How many?” I asked, wisping my tail back and forth, looking to Sawyer. The sun hadn’t began to rise yet, it was still twilight.

“Just that one as far as I can tell.” He said. “You were all sleeping when it had wandered in here—”

My eyes widened, “Behind you!” I snarled and tackled it, it was already beginning to take on his form. “Kill it now, while I’ve got it down!” I cried to him, as I looked back I seen it fully morphed into his shadowy appearance. He brought the blade down, and its body fully evaporated vanishing into the twilight. Roran and Breanna ran over, both of them with worried looks on their expressions.

“Hope!” Seto shouted, looking at me with worry.

I sighed, shape shifting back into human form, “I’ll be alright. I think that was the last of them.” I turned to Sawyer, “Thank you.”

He frowned, “Don’t mention it. Could have woken up the first damn time I yelled at you, though.”

“Sorry,” I said rubbing the back of my head tiredly, “Not a morning person is all, the people that try to wake me up are usually the ones who regret it.”

I pulled back my left hand and saw something glisten in the twilight. “Huh?” I pulled my hand forward, and when I saw what was on it my face reddened.

“What’s wrong with your hand?” Breanna asked noticing me inspecting it. I went to hide it but Roran grabbed my hand, looking at it.

His eyes widened, “What!?”

“Shut up Roran!” I growled.

“What is it?” Breanna asked curiously. Roran took my wrist and flung it in front of her face.

Her green eyes widened, “Oh my, it’s amazing!” Wrapped around my left index finger was a ring, a band of diamonds sparkling in the night, it would never catch on anything, even during a fight. I looked at Seto’s reddening face, he really had put a lot of thought into it. He must’ve put the ring on my finger when I was sleeping, and he was going to…

I looked at him and he was gazing out at the lakeshore, arms crossed, obviously annoyed, “I was going to ask you, when we woke up this morning. That obviously didn’t work out.”

I grinned and he looked at me in surprise, I tackled him in a quick hug, “Oh Seto it’s amazing—I love it!” He looked at me, bewildered, but that bewilderment soon became a smile as he hugged me back.

“Why isn’t that just precious—” I heard a snap of a twig. That haunting voice, I turned, glaring at the silhouette emerging from the trees.