Issue #9...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

Quick Recap: After putting a blanket over her, Seto sat in the middle of the bed, looking at the girl wearily, her chestnut brown hair falling in tangled layers behind her.....

His shoulder spasmed in pain, and he clutched his shoulder, his vision blurred...collapsing in exhaustion next to her. He went to rise, but he just couldn't do it, his drowsiness overcame him and he decided to lay there.

She rustled next to him, and rolling over to face him and began to snuggle with the pillow she was laying on.

...................He gave a small smile, tucking his arms beneath his head and rested his eyes.........

********************************************************************************************************

I woke up the next morning under the warmth of sheets. I was very reluctant to move but eventually I sat up and gently slid off the bed my toes touching the soft carpet rug on the floor.

I looked and seen there had been extra bedding thrown onto the mattress and I smiled, so Seto had stayed last night. I had been so out of it I didn't even notice he was there. The pillows where he had laid had some blood on them but not an overwhelming amount, which I hoped was good because it meant maybe he didn't tear his stitches up too bad.

Soon I began blushing, as I realized he had spent the whole night lying next to me, and I hadn't even noticed a thing. I was just oblivious in my sleep at times. I shook my head in irritation at my embarrassment. Why be embarrassed at all? He hurt himself helping you, and you're blushing because he slept in the same bed when you offered for him too so he wouldn't have to stagger back to his own room? Jez Hope, I thought, shaking my head once more, I was really a fool sometimes. Just be happy the guy helped you at all and move on.

I walked into the bathroom to freshen up, then eventually I stepped into the shower.

All of my muscles were cramped, but other than that it was a good beginning to my morning. The hot water helped my aching body and relax my tense muscles. I wrung out my hair and I slipped on a white silk robe with a red tank top and black shorts. I blow dried my hair as it dried straight. I walked out into the hallway that was brightly lit compared to last night and grabbed a small note on a stand next to one of the flameless candles.

Breakfast will take place on room on this floor in about fifteen minutes. Its 9:45 right now...so see you then!

You're Friend,

Mokuba

I glanced at the time and swore. It was ten thirty—oops. I threw down the card and trotted down the hallway and began to open doors. I grumbled annoyed once I realized that everybody else had not slept in as late as I had.

I walked down the hallway and smacked right into Yugi. I turned a bright shade of red, embarrassed by my idiocy.

"Sorry Yugi—I was just sort of heading down to breakfast." He stared at me in my slippers and silk robe, tank top and shorts.

"Yes, I can see that;" He said with a smile. I looked at him in his regular clothes and his duel disk in his hand.

"Where are you headed?" I asked curiously. He shrugged. I felt the change in the air...as if I had hit a very large note of agitation, as if I was bringing up something that he wanted to be left alone.