Issue #15...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

*******************************************************************

Seto Kaiba stood out on the roof looking down thoughtfully. The tournament was going good so far. He had already observed several people from the Oracalcos that made themselves well noticed in the day.

They were going down that’s all that mattered. Then he heard the soft sounds of footsteps behind him. Yugi walked up behind him his duel disk in one hand and he leaned against the roofs edge with the other.

They were in silence few several minutes; each of them had different things on their minds that would eventually lead to the same thought.

“She had done it for you Kaiba.” Yugi said staring down at all of the cars below. Seto’s eyes narrowed as he glared at Yugi who was turned from him—Yugi could feel his glare boring into his skull.

“Don’t give me a pep talk Yugi—” He snapped and then stopped in mid sentence as he heard a soft footstep on the ground.

“Who’s there?” He shouted turning around looking into the eyes of his fate. He backed off his heart racing. At his chest she pointed a gun. He paused in mid stride and stared at the shooter—a woman with long black hair and red highlights.

 Yugi turned around to see Seto Kaiba backing away carefully.

“Pull that trigger—I warn you—” Kaiba replied darkly, although uncertain of how his threat would have a follow through.

She said nothing; instead she acted with her actions. She stepped closer to him and pushed the barrel against his chest.

“I have a very important man who doesn’t want you alive any longer—tell me why I shouldn’t do it.” 

He smirked. “I could—but telling you I was going to kill your leader wouldn’t be very appropriate—now would it?" Then he flung the gun out of her hand. The woman snarled and slammed her fist his head. He fell onto the ground in shock, it felt as if he had been hit by a ton of bricks. He dodged her a second time as she brought it down once more. He kicked her feet out from under her and she slammed into the ground.

Yugi picked up the gun, and the woman froze, her yellow eyes glaring to look at Yugi. His violet eyes narrowed and instead of pointing it at her he flung it off the edge of the roof. Yugi refused to shoot anyone, especially a defenseless woman.

Suddenly Yugi was whacked from behind and he slammed into the ground. Maybe she isn’t so defenseless after all, he thought briefly. A large hawk screeched, flying only a few feet from him. Yugi grimaced, pulling himself up off the ground, ignoring his scraped hands. The eagle dove at Yugi again, and he blocked it with his duel disk, the talons digging deep into the electric interior. Sparks flew off the disk and electricity traveled briefly up Yugi’s arm and into the hawk, which cried out and they both jumped back from each other. The hawk back up in two wing strokes, then dove at Seto with his talon’s piercing his shoulders. Seto shouted in pain as his stitches ripped and torn at his shoulder. He felt each stitch tear one by one. He crumpled to the floor his body shaking as while the woman jumped back up. He glared at the woman, whose eyes began to glow. 

Yugi shouted and ran at them his duel disk ready, but the woman punched him sideways as his head slammed into the edge of the roof. He collapsed unconscious next to Seto.

“You aren’t human aren’t you?” Kaiba snapped at her as her eyes shimmered. His body shook as his stitches bled like an open wound.

“Hardly hard for you to notice isn’t it? The effects of being a Traveler isn’t very difficult to recognize” She snarled and launched at him—her body a large jaguar. She dived at his throat and was hurled down to the ground in one vivid moment.