Buzz

Marinette glanced at the alarm clock on the bed side table. It was already 3am and their flight left at 5am. She sighed and continued to pack her last bag as Adrien called a taxi. He hung up the phone and looked at her, "Almost done?" She nodded and zipped it up, stretching her aching muscles. "Can you pass me my phone please?" She pointed at the bedside table at the end of the room, he nodded and tossed it to her. Barely catching it, Marinette unlocked her phone. She dialled a number and held the phone to her ear, waiting for it to finish ringing. She talked with a man named 'Alex' and couldn't seem to stop fussing over something. Adrien placed a hand on her shoulder and said, "Ready to go?" Marinette nodded.

"What do you mean 'you've never had Chinese'?!" Marinette exclaimed, throwing her hands up in exasperation. "I've just never really liked it..." Adrien muttered.
"What? How can you know that? It tastes heavenly! As soon as we get back to Paris, I'm taking you to my apartment for Chinese food."
He nodded, "Wait... Apartment? Don't you live with your parents?" Marinette shook her head. "I'm a big girl, I need to learn to provide for myself."

They landed in Paris, and it was the perfect time for lunch. Adrien called a limo to pick them up, so they could get  to Marinette's apartment quickly. Her apartment was in a large, expensive building and took up the top two floors. It was immaculate, just as Marinette had left it. The furniture was either in black or white and the walls were in different colours for each room. Every room had their own theme, and every theme must have cost her thousands of euros. "Parents must've chipped in..." Adrien muttered. Marinette looked at him, grinning. "They did, just a little bit, though." She held up her thumb and forefinger to show him. "They helped me pay rent for the first few months while I was just starting to get my life figured out."
"Oh, so how long have you had this apartment?"
"Since I was eighteen. How about you sit in the lounge and I order?" He nodded.

"Here," Marinette picked up the chopsticks and put the dumpling in his mouth. He chewed it thoughtfully and grinned, "It tastes exquisite!" Marinette grinned back. Marinette picked up another food item and gave it to Adrien who inspected it carefully. "What is it?" He pondered, taking a little sniff. "It's for dessert, Durian Mochi." Marinette explained, taking one for herself and biting it. Adrien shrugged nonchalantly and ate it.

A knock on Marinette's door interrupted the movie she and Adrien were currently watching. She walked over to the door, not bothering to tell Adrien to pause the movie. She opened the door to be greeted by a blonde in a black and white striped shirt and yellow jacket. She reminded Marinette of a bee. "Is Adrien here?" She asked. Marinette nodded slowly, and was pushed out of the way. "Adrikins!" She shrieked.
"Buzzzzz..." Marinette buzzed at Chloe who was latched onto Adrien.