the jock and the valedictorian

"Melanie and Andrew you're wanted in the principal's office." What I'd do? I get perfect grades and I don't get into trouble. But on the other hand Andrew probably did get into trouble. See, Andrew is a jock, player, tall, deep blue eyes, dark brown shaggy hair, and popular. Lastly, he's hot and has a body that people desire, even though I would never admit it to anyone. I'm just a nerd with shoulder length black hair, average height, hazel eyes, and no hot body that anyone desires. God, I can see his muscles through his shirt.

We walk through the main office doors. "Melanie, Andrew take a seat. Ms. Swanson is with another student." We sat down in the only two seats in the office.

He whispers in my ear, "I saw you." My hearts beat picks up.

I turn to him. "Saw me what?"

"I saw you checking me out."

"In your dreams."

"No, in yours."

"Andrew the only way you'd be in my dreams if I was killing you." I can hear the secretary laughing. She clears her throat. "Melanie, Ms. Swanson will see you now."

I walk into her office and sit down in front of her desk. "Hello, Ms. Clarke. I have some splendid news for you."

"What's the news?"

"You are your class valedictorian."

"Oh my god." I really did it. I was my goal my whole high school career.

"I know graduation is four months from now. I just wanted to let you know how tremendous you're doing."

"Thank you, Ms. Swanson."

"Now, I have something else I want to tell you, after I talk to Mr. Reed."

I walk out of her office. I wonder what else there is. Few minutes later. "Ms. Clarke come in here, please." I walk back into her office and sit down next to Andrew. "Melanie, I want you to tutor Andrew in math."

"What?" we interjected.

"He just needs this one class in the math courses to graduate. I want you to tutor him before and after school."

"But I have baseball practice."

"Well, practice doesn't start until 4:30. That should be plenty of time for you to study. I want you both to be here at 6:30 every morning in the library. You start tomorrow and I'll be checking up on you both."

We're walking back to our D block when he said, "This stays between you and me."

"Why? Don't want your friends to know you're being tutored?"

"No, I don't want anyone to know that I've talked to you." Hurtful.

"Fine, egomaniac asshole." I walk into class.