the jock and the valedictorian (2)

The next morning I wake up at 5. Take a shower and get dressed in my running clothes and I eat breakfast. I run around my neighborhood, make it back at 5:30. I take another shower get out at 5:40, get dressed for school; I walk next door, Andrew's house. Yes, he is my next door neighbor. I knock and a girl wearing only a shirt opens the door. "Hello."

"Hello, is Andrew here?"

"Yes. ANDREW COME DOWN HERE!" he comes running down the stairs. "What is it?" he walks behind her. OMG he is in his boxers. "Melanie, what are you doing here?"

"I thought since we live next door to each other that I can give you a ride to school."

"But it's is only like 5:45."

"It takes a half an hour to get to school and that's without traffic."

"Okay, just let me get some more clothes on." And he shuts the door. He just shuts the door in my face.

~At the School~

"Okay, if you are trying to find the slope of (1, 4) and (4, 2) you have to use which formula?" I ask Andrew. We have been at this for 40 minutes!

"y=mx+b?"

"No, that's the slope-intercept form. You need to use y2-y1 over x2-x1."

"Why don't we just stop now? You know I don't get this shit."

"That's why I'm tutoring you and plus, don't you want to graduate?

"Whatever." He stares off into space. I smack him on his arm. "Hey, what was that for?"

"Oh my god, you are wasting my time. Fine! If you don't want to graduate with us that's your deal not mine. Right now you are wasting my time. Time I could you to sleep a little longer, or run an extra mile or play my Les Paul. But noooo I have to tutor you!"

"Wait, you play a Les Paul?"

"Yeah."

"What type?"

"Gibson."

"Sweet, I didn't know you played the guitar."

"Well there is a lot you don't know about me."

"I bet so." He looks at me like he's going to figure everything about me with that look. "What other guitars do you have?"

"We're suppose to be studying."

"Tell me and then we'll get to that."

"I have an acoustics and a fender."

"Awesome." Then we get back to the tutoring.

~After School~

I was about to stick my head into my freezer to get a hot pocket when there was a knock on my door. I open it. Andrew. "Hey."

"Hi. What do you want?"

"I was wondering if I could see your guitars?"

"Yeah, I guess?" I let him in. This is weird.

"Where are they at?"

"Upstairs, second door on the right. I was about to make me something you want something?"

"No."

"Okay, I'll be up in a minute. Go ahead."

"You're parents home?"

"No. But don't mess with anything else."

"Okay." Then he disappears up the stairs. I make me my hot pocket. I head up stairs and open my door to find him on the floor playing with my acoustic.

Andrew stops playing. "Nice bedroom." It had a queen size bed in the middle with green walls surrounding it. With some posters and clothes on the floor. I have a cd collection and a dresser. The only thing that is personal in my room is my picture on my bedside table.

"Thanks. Know any songs?" He strums some cords and starts singing....

So there's another day I'll spend away from you

Another night I'm running another broken avenue

My bag is ripped and worn but then again that's all I...

Take what wanna take

What you wanna take...... (Cross my heart by Marianas Trench.)

"Nice voice. I love that band."

"Something we have in common."

"We both can play guitar and love Marianas Trench. Not a bad to have in common."

"Can you play a song?" I nod; he holds the guitar out to me. I grab it and play....

Just One more moment, that's all that's needed.

Like wounded soldiers in need of healing.

Time to be honest, this time I'm bleeding

Please don't dwell on it, cause I didn't mean it

I cant believe I said I'd lay our love on the ground

But it doesn't matter cause I've made it up forgive me now

Everyday I spend away my souls inside out

Gotta be someway that I can make it up to you now, somehow... (I'd come for you by Nickelback)

"Wow. You can sing." I hand him back the guitar.

"Whatever." I stand up, "You can stay here and play. I...I need to get out of this house." I start down the stairs. "Melanie wait! Did I do something?" I make it to the front lawn when he grabs my elbow and swings me to face him.

"What!?"

"What happened?"

"Nothing happened."

"You just got up and left. Something defiantly happened was it me? Did I do something? I thought everything was going great but apparently not."

"It's just that I haven't played like that since I was with my best friend."

"Well, what happened to your best friend?"

"He died."

**************************************

Please let know what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!