the jock and the valedictorian(18)

Andrew's POV:

I'm flying down the road trying to get Melanie to the hospital as fast as possible. Her mom was the one in the hospital. She didn't tell me why but it doesn't matter once she told me she was in the hospital she broke down crying. I had to get her there, I hate seeing her this sad. Something must be seriously wrong for her to be this upset. I hope her mom is going to be okay. Melanie shouldn't have to go through this pain, again. She doesn't need it she doesn't deserve it.

Hell, no one deserved this. She is such an amazing person...there is not one word to describe her. She is such a good person; she's done nothing wrong. I guess the worst happens to the nicest people.

For what seems like forever, we arrived at the hospital. I dropped Melanie off at the entrance and I found a parking space. I walk through the sliding doors to find Melanie nowhere in sight. I look around the waiting room, nothing. The second place that comes in mind is the bathroom. I don't know if I should go in there.

What if she isn't in there? What if someone sees me? What would I say? No, it doesn't matter I have to know where she is at. I only hesitant at the door for only a few seconds before I push it open. I find her sitting against the wall crying. I go and sit beside her, I wrap my arms around her pulling her against me. I tell her

that everything is going to be okay as she cries harder.

"Andrew, I don't know if I want see her and to find out how bad she is." She chokes out between sobs.

"Baby, I understand. But don't you want to know how she is doing? You could be freaking out for nothing."

"Yeah, you might be right." She tries to get up but she falls down. I pull Melanie into my lap; I pull her head to my chest. I ran my fingers through her hair' I

whisper to her that everything is okay.

"What if it isn't? I can't lose her, too." She breaks down again. We sit there for like thirty minutes then a woman walks in. The woman gasps, gives us a glare but

then she realizes that we're not having sex on the bathroom floor she looks sad.

"Is she going to be okay?" I give her an incredulous look. Melanie's crying her eyes out and we are sitting on the bathroom floor. What do you think?

"Yes, I am." Melanie answers for herself, she lifts her head and gets up. "Come on, I'm ready see my mom."

Melanie's POV:

All I can think of as we are driving down the road towards the hospital is she has to be okay. But if she were okay then Mrs. Reed wouldn't have sounded so worried. I can't lose my mom, I just can't. I bite my lip to fight back the tears.

Once I walked through those sliding doors I thought I was going to be sick so I ran to the bathroom. I threw up in a stall; I washed my mouth out with water and wiped my face. When I look in the mirror at myself I started crying. I just backed up against the wall and slid down the floor.

A few seconds later Andrew walks into the bathroom.

We walk out of the girls' bathroom. I try to stop all the ideas and possibilities that are running through my mind but I can't seem to. Come on, Melanie you need to stay strong. You're mom would want you to stay strong. I'm acting like a freaking baby, I don't even know if anything is seriously wrong with her and I'm already having an emotional breakdown.

I stop and wrap my arms around Andrew, bringing him into a hug. "Thank you, baby." I say against his chest.

"I would do anything for you." He gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Are you ready?"

"Yes." We go to the front desk. "I'm here for Michelle Clarke, I'm her daughter."

****

What do you guys think happened to her? What is going to happen to her? Also, I am sorry for posting this chapter so late. School, what can I say?