Chapter 16

"HAHA! I WIN AGAIN" I say with my fists in the air. Dan and I are playing Mario Kart, and I am winning, surprisingly. "Ok ok" he says "I was going easy on you."
"Yeah right, you were about to swear when you almost fell off the track on rainbow road!"
"That's because someone was pushing me" he says looking over at me, which was of course me. "Well at least we know who is the champ here" I say looking over at my phone, "we should get decorating, it's already 3pm." He nods and he helps put the controls away while I turned off the tv and the wii. We went into the kitchen and we took out all of the decorations. "I'll go get the tape" I say leaving the table, "you can get the banner out." He nods then I leave the room. A couple minutes later, I arrive with some tape. Since Dan is already the tall one, he puts up the banner while I tell him if he messed up or not. "A bit to the left" I say. He then tilts to the left. "A bit to the right, oh wait that's perfect." He then taped it down and walked away from it. "Perfect" we both say, then we start to blow out the balloons.

****

"Ok... Y/N" Dan says in between blows "don't you.... think.... we got... too many.... balloons?"
"Nah" I say while putting a balloon down "I think we got the right amount."
"Uh you sure" Dan asks putting one down. I looked around and noticed it looked like we had about 50 balloons. "Oh dear" I say "maybe we should save some." I put some of the non used balloons away while Dan helped me by not making me step on a balloon. "Hey what time is it" Dan asks. "Um, lemme check" I say back. I check my phone which was on the counter. "4:11 babe" I say. "Aww you just called me babe" he says. I give him the "really" face. He laughs nervously and I just laugh. "Love ya boo" he says. "Aww you called me.... WOAH!!" He runs up to me (trying not to pop a balloon) and picks me up. "Welcome to Daniel airlines, this is your captain speaking, we will be arriving to our destination in about 5 seconds." I roll my eyes playfully and we arrive by the couch. "And we've arrived" he says. He then throws me up and I land on the couch. We both laughed and I then sat up on the couch. "Ok ok" I say still laughing "we should get to the airport now."
"Good idea" Dan says. He offers me a piggyback ride to the front door so that I wouldn't pop the balloons on the way out. We got out and closed the door, with him putting me down so I can lock the door.

****
We were stopped by a stoplight on the way to the airport. I was really excited to see Phil again, it feels like it's been years since I last saw him. I've been talking about how awesome the surprise is gonna be, but he kept quiet. "Dan" I ask "are you ok?"
"Well" he says "I'm really not sure."
"Well what's wrong?"
"Well...um..." I grab on to Dan's hand and he smiles. The light then turns green and he drives, while continuing his sentence. "Do you think Phil would like us, you know, together?"
"What do you mean?"
"Well he's my best friend, and he's your sister, and I know he's gonna want to protect you and all after...."
"Don't worry about it" I say softly "Phil would love it, no matter what, you know how kind he is, he would also help us out along the way as well."
"I'm glad you're smart Y/N" he says smiling. I smile back and look off the distance, we're close by the airport. I'm hoping Phil will be happy to see us, together.