Chapter 23- Sweet Sweet 17

*Kayden's P.O.V*
It's been about two weeks since I woke up from my coma. All the tests and X-rays have been going well and I started to get back to my old self. I started to make more content for my YouTube , doing DIY's and skits or challenges sometimes. I really wanted to start doing makeup tutorials, but obviously I didn't own any and I know nothing about makeup. Anyway, since I didn't get to celebrate my sixteenth or seventeenth birthday , my mom decided to throw me a big birthday celebration in honor of me getting out of a coma. I also started home school instead of going back to regular school because my mom thought I'd be safer at home, so when I'm not making videos or doing school work, I usually hang out with my friends Jess and Eli. They came over today to help plan my birthday party.
" so which color scheme do you like best gold and white or white and black?" Jess asks me. She was hoping I'd say gold and black to make Eli jealous and prove that she was the better party planner.
"I like both!" I say making Eli laugh.
" ha Jess is so mad " he continues to laugh and roll on my living room floor.
" what ever , let's just work on the guest list" she says , I listen closely as she names dozens of my family and friends but at the end I don't hear Nash's name.
" why didn't you invite Nash?" I ask
" well I didn't think you would want to invite your abusive , cheating ex." Jess says surprised at me.
" ex? I don't remember us breaking up?" I say confused
" you broke up with him, like the same day you got kidnapped dude." Eli responds from his fit of laughter.
"You know starting to think about it , I remember that now but , there are a lot of things I can't remember ." I start to recall the events before I fell into a coma. Then I get a huge rush of pain and memories in my head. I remember everything and it all seems clear why I wouldn't want Nash at my party but a part of me feels guilty for leaving him out. I write his name on the list anyway.
" you okay ?" Jess asks
" yea just a little stressed with the party and everything." I say getting up from my couch to go get some water. Eli takes out his phone and starts snapchatting ,
" hey what's good bitches , it's your Queen Eli with My King Kayden and that bitch over there who we call Jess ". He announced on camera with his arm around my neck and Jess in the background.
" honestly suck my dick, Eli" Jess says laughing at his rude comment.
" gimme a kiss Kay " he says puckering his lips going to kiss my cheek but I turn unexpectedly and kiss his lips. Eli sets his phone down and sits in shock. Let's just say he was "shooketh."
" um .. What was that?" He says confused as he never thought he was my type.
" nothing I just wanted to kiss someone, I haven't in a while" I say making an excuse because I don't even know why I did what I did. Eli had a big crush on me before I came out and we were friends then but I never dated him because at the time I wasn't ready to love someone else , I didn't even know if I could love myself.
* Hayes P.O.V*
I was at home in LA for a while after digi tour and I got an invite to Kayden's big sweet seventeenth birthday party today and I was super excited , Brooke on the other hand wasn't.
" your not actually gonna go are you ?" She asks looking angry already.
" why not ?" I ask politely
" because he's your ex!" She shouts.
" so what, he's my friend and he's been in a coma for two years." He says
" no that's not fair , everytime things don't work out between you and him and you come running to me " she say , tears streaming down her face. " but you never stay , it's not fair " she continues
" he was supposed to die" she says crying
" what the fuck are you saying Brooklyn ?" I ask stepping slowly away from her.
" I planned it ok , it was me , it was all me!" She says dropping to her knees. " please don't leave me " she say grabbing onto my leg . I kicked her off of me and repeated my initial question
" tell me what you did!" I yell now knowing the neighbors can hear.
" Fine! I found his dad and planned the kidnapping , He promised me he'd get rid of Kayden, if I led him to Matt and Kayden" she says . " but then it got out of hand, his dad said he was going to blackmail their mom by killing Kayden then Matt" " I thought he was just gonna come and take Kayden away." She continues.
" I just wanted you to love me Hayes" she says caressing my cheek. I move her hand away from my face and push her out my room , I slam the door and sit on the floor. I recall everything before Kayden got kidnapped and all the memories and pain started rushing through my brain again.
I remember what it was like sitting by his bedside everyday , hoping he would wake up. I remember crying on his sixteenth birthday because he couldn't wake up to celebrate. But she was there though, she's celebrated with me, convinced me to let him go , that he would probably just die that way. She will never be fore given , she was the reason I almost lost the love of my life.
I don't know how I let myself get caught up in her web of lies, her anxiety, her cutting, her depression and suicide attempts. Do I still love her? No. Do I care about her? yes. But I don't trust her. I can't have her around any more , all she does is make me sad . I'm sad all the time , even when I'm trying not to be. I take the blade from under my bed and slice my palm again. I looked at my hands at all the scars I made since that day. She convinced me everything was okay , and it be better if I didn't stay to watch him like that everyday. It was almost like watching someone you love die over and over again. It was almost like he was taking a nap sometimes and I just wanted to nap with him. So we could be together again.

~N/A~
"If you can't love yourself how the hell you gon' love somebody else" - Ru Paul