Battle of Wills

Elizaveta rested as much as she could.  She figured once the creature awakened it would be an endless battle for domination and control.  It whined in its sleep likely from the pain caused by the silver chains.  Elizaveta hoped that Angelus was at least grateful for the weakness' she had given him.  Now he would share those with them as well.  Making it so that he could feed on vampires had been unintentional of course, but here they were.  

The creature started stirring; growling and shifting its paws to place them flat on the floor.  It pushed itself up and shook like a wolf his dark gray fur shifting from side to side.  The wings hung by its side until it was finished then tucked in along the back.  She was amazed they could fit amidst the forest of sharp spines.  It alternated lifting its clawed front hands to the extent that it could with the chains.  It wasn't long before it made a try with its teeth.  It snarled and recoiled from the pure silver of the chain.  

Elizaveta had wondered if the silver would effect it at all and it seemed that it did, though perhaps not to the level it effected her.  The monster huffed then it raised its predatory head and fixed her with those gold and crimson eyes.  It growled low in its throat and once again she could feel the hatred flowing toward her.  It lunged toward her catching the chains with the chink of metal.  It fell in a heap on its chest against the stone floor.  Snarling in frustration, it stood up again then looked down at the chains.  

The monster reared up and threw its weight against the chains.  She could hear the silver straining.  The metal twisted and jinked as the monster pulled against it.  Flecks of drool shot from the sides of its fanged teeth.  The grinding from the straining metal made her heart jump into her throat.  She knew she needed to start doing something or the creature would likely free itself.  Pure silver or not the creature was determined to pull against it.  She could see that it would win as the silver links began twisting and pulling apart.  

Elizaveta took a deep breath and exerted her will.  The creature snarled and recoiled dropping to its fours again.  The growling continued as it paced back and forth.  She relaxed her efforts and took a deep breath trying to steady herself.  The monster didn't even give her a chance to recuperate.  As soon as she relinquished her will the creature gathered itself for another lunge.  Instead of leaping at her though, it was jumping up pulling hard on the manacles around its wrists.  As the chain snapped taut the links weakened further.  She saw a few of them actually tear open.  If the beast had been smarter he might have noticed that he could probably unwind the links and be free.  

Panicked Elizaveta exerted her will over him once more fighting him for dominance.  He growled and snarled once again dropping to the floor and meeting her gaze with his shining eyes.  She used the opportunity to mentally search for the entity that was so defying her.  Since she had turned him he shouldn't be able to resist her dominance.  He was supposed to be subject to her will no matter what his own might have been.  Instead she found something that she feared might even be more powerful than she was.  

She exerted more force in an attempt to make herself look more powerful.  Yield to me!  She demanded.  Dark laughter flowed to her.  You cannot win!  She tried again but was answered only by snarling.  

It is you who cannot win.  I felt the limits and the strain you showed yesterday.  No one controls Chaos!  
But you were controlled, by him.  More snarling.  
NO!  He never controlled me!  Never!!  

The creature's fury was enough to force her from its mind.  It was leaning forward as far as it could on the chains, desperately swiping at her with those monstrous claws.  The fangs gnashed and snarled as the creature tried to get at her.  She could feel it's intent to kill.  It wanted to rip her to pieces.  Thankfully straining at the chains wasn't the same as pulling them with the intention to break.  She could see that the chains were holding him just fine while he tried to get at her.