Conclusion

Alice approached the priestess.  She was still standing by the door of the temple looking uncertain.  

"We need to talk," Alice said.  The priestess seemed lost in thought.  
"Of course," she answered gesturing toward the inside of the temple.  Alice passed through the wooden doors into the interior.  The statue wasn't as brightly illuminated in the light of the setting sun. Though torches were set around it, they didn't do it justice compared to the brilliance it possessed in sunlight.  Alice waited until the priestess had entered before turning to face her.  

"You have to do something."  The priestess' eyebrows lifted questioningly.  
"Do something?"  
"Yes.  You have to do something to save Vincent.  You brought him here and he has done everything you asked of him.  Now he needs your help.  He'll die if you don't do something."  The priestess lowered her gaze to the floor.  She stood placidly with her hands clasped in front of her.  

"I cannot defy the will of the goddess.  If this is what she wants then this is what will happen."  
"What!?"  
"I do not command the will of the goddess.  She lends me her power, but if I try to use her power to do something contrary to her will nothing will happen."  Alice frowned.  
"Does that mean you won't even try?"  
"The goddess has not revealed her will to me.  I am waiting to see what she desires." 

Alice glowered at her.  She left the temple in much the same mood as she had the last time she'd come to ask for the priestess' help.  It irritated her that this woman seemed to be able to disregard the potential loss of life.  Alice returned to Zack's house, noting that some of the mob had dispersed.  There was still a gathering of about ten in front.  Bartholomew was standing guard on the porch as was Steven.  Felisha must have gone home.  

Alice entered through the back announcing her presence to Zack and his family who were having dinner and trying to ignore what was going on outside.  She didn't blame them.  She wished that she could also eat and ignore recent events.  Instead she went up to Vincent's bedside.   She stayed there until she fell asleep.  As she dreamed she found that she was standing in a place of light.  She glanced around before she noticed that there was a beautiful woman standing in front of her.  It took her a moment before she recognized her.  

"Sayora," she said.  The woman smiled and nodded.  
"Yes, I am."  
"What is this?" Alice asked.  Sayora's smile became sad.  
"I have come to give you instruction.  It saddens me that I must do this, but when my servants will not act, I must choose another."  Alice felt her eyebrows lift.  
"What do you mean?" 

"My priestess does not have the courage or faith to take action.  She is willing to act when it makes sense to her, but if she cannot see the way forward she refuses to even step.  If you are willing I will give you the powers of one of my priestess'.  Then you will have the power to save the life of Vincent Valentine."  Alice could feel how wide her eyes were and she blinked trying to appear more normal.  

"Um...I don't know what to say.  I've never received training to be a priestess."  Sayora nodded.  
"That's true, but with one as open as you, I could teach you what you need to know."  Alice felt her qualms dissolving.  She wanted to save Vincent, and that was all that mattered.  

"Okay, I accept.  Show me what I need to do."  Sayora reached out her hands, waiting for Alice to come to her.  When they clasped hands she felt power flowing into her like she had never felt before.  Alice closed her eyes reveling in the feeling.  With the power came knowledge in how to use it.  She could see very clearly what she needed to do to save him.  Sayora presented her with a pendant that consisted of a drop of silver encased in clear crystal.  She also gave her a green crystal rod.  

Although the dream faded and Alice must have slept past Sayora's appearance, by the time she awoke she still had a clear understanding of what she would need to do.  Alice was pleasantly surprised to find that the gifts she had been given by the goddess in her dream were now in her possession.  She walked over to Vincent's things, which had been folded neatly and placed on the side table.  She dug through them until she found the pendant that the priestess had given him when he had first spoken with her.  Taking the silver drop she walked back to Vincent.