the red umbrella

I pull my black trench coat around myself tighter, as my fire engine red rain boots splash into yet another puddle. My matching red umbrella does little to actually shield me from the rain.

"Luke!" I scream, into the darkness, catching up to Calum. "Any luck finding him?" I ask.

"No, I'm getting really worried," he replies, running a hand through his tousled hair. I move next to him, holding my umbrella between the two of us.

How did we get here, you ask?

• 5 hours earlier •

"I can't believe you, Luke, how can you blame this all on me!" Elle.

"You broke my heart. You rejected me, how can you say it's my fault!" Luke.

"Can't you see I've been trying to fix this! All you've been doing is push me away! The least you could do is try. If you won't put effort, then I won't either!" Elle.

"So what does this mean? Eighteen years of friendship down the drain? Is that really how you want to end things! With a fight?" Luke.

"Well you don't seem to care anymore, so why should I even try? I mean, I know pretty clearly that you remembered it was my birthday too, but you simply ignored it! What kind of friend does that? Look, I know I hurt your feelings, but can we at least still be friends?" Elle's heart shook when she said friends.

"You just don't get it, do you, I want to be more than friends, that was the whole reason we stopped talking! I want to be with you. I want to be able to call you my girlfriend. I can't live with you and I can't live without you. Why can't you understand that!" Luke storms off angrily, and no one dares to ask him where he's going, and when he'll be home.

He leaves Elle sobbing into calums shirt and grabs his keys.

Luke doesn't even know where he's going, let alone when he'll be home.

• 4 hours later •

"Guys, I'm getting worried, Luke has been gone since five pm." Ashton says frowning.

"Yeah, so?" Michael replies, stroking Elle's hair as she sleeps.

"That was four hours ago!"

"Shit."

• Present •

Elle's pov

We've been searching the streets of London for an hour and a half by now, and still no luck finding Luke. Ashton was freaking out, and kept on calling us, to see if we had found him.

When Calum first suggested that we look for Luke, he decided to split into groups, in hopes of one of us finding him. So far, no such luck.

I hope we find him.

I'm really scared.

I'm having an anxiety attack.

Breath. In and out. In and out. In and . . . . . . . . .

Calum brings me to a bench near the small park we stopped by.

He gives me a look, and that's all it took for me to spill everything.

Everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

god i'm annoying

hahahahahahaha