Two: they meet/#morey

Around one o'clock, workouts ended. The guys were sore so some weren't really in the best mood. As I was about to enter the clubhouse, I hear someone call my name. "Hey Jenna?" It was Kike. "What's up," I stop so he could catch up to me. "Some of the guys and I are going out tonight, probably to a night club or something. If you aren't doing anything else, you should join us," he offers as we entered the clubhouse. "I don't think I'm doing anything, I'll have to double check," I reply reaching in my back pocket for my phone. "Okay, we're meeting up at 8. Let me text my phone so I know who to send the address to," he tells me and I hand him my phone without hesitation. I finally look up and notice everyone already undressing. It was probably a habit for them and I wasn't sure if they knew that I was in there or even cared. "Here you go. It's a supper club so try not to share the address anywhere," he let's me know. "Okay," I say in a hurry to get to my office. "See you later," I rush off trying not to draw any attention to myself. I shut my office door behind me. "Whoa is it hot in here?" I take a deep breath.

There was a knock on the door and I sigh. Before I could say anything or open the door, Kaitlyn comes barging in. "Finally," she says placing a Panera Bread bag on my desk. "Here's your lunch. You might need to eat on the way," she says gathering my jacket and purse. "Where are we going?" I ask confused. "We have a meeting with your realtor at 2. You kinda need a home here, remember? You can't just live in a hotel," she tells me. "Oh right," I say grabbing my lunch then following her. She was pretty fast for a woman in heels. We exit the clubhouse into what looked like an alley where Smith was waiting. "Miss Harper, how was your first day?" he asks me as he opens the car door for me. "Pretty normal I guess," I reply. He gets in the drivers seat and Kaitlyn begins giving him directions. "Jenna? I almost forgot. Your mother called and wants to have dinner with you sometime this week," Kaitlyn says. "Great," I say sarcastically. "And tomorrow, workouts are gonna be at a local gym. It's not mandatory for coaches but it should get you good press," she adds. "Okay, I'll be there," I reply. Although Kaitlyn was annoying at times, I don't know what I'd do without her.

We look at a few homes and condos but I ultimately decide on a house. It was nicer than any home I ever imagined I'd own but surprisingly within my budget. I would be moving in Saturday which wasn't very convenient since it was our first spring training game.

It was around 6 when Kaitlyn and I had finished dinner and going over do's and don't's for my press interview Saturday. I needed to get back to my hotel so I could get ready for tonight. I've never really been to a club before, so I wasn't sure about what to wear.

On the way to the hotel, Kaitlyn was dropped off at her car. Smith made sure I made it to my room before leaving. I immediately plug my phone into it's charger and get in the shower. I was probably gonna be late.

After getting out of the shower I check my phone and see a message from Kike, though the ID read "your fav dodger:P" which had been saved by him. It was the address. It was 7 so I hurried to put make up on and blow dry my hair. Curling it, seemed like the best option. I just had to figure out what to wear now.

It was dress attire so I settle on a light blue dress with black heels. I didn't own anything too fancy so hopefully this would suffice.

I left the hotel at 8, luckily, so I wouldn't be too late. I had an Uber take me to the block it was on. After the uber left I was confused. I didn't see any night club anywhere. I texted Kike I was there but Corey found me instead. He looked to have just gotten there also. "Jenna, is that you?" he questions confused. He was with a girl. "Yea, I don't really know where I'm going," I admit embarrassed. "Good thing we found you then. By the way, this is my girlfriend," he says introducing us. "Nice to meet you, I'm Jenna," we shake each others hands. "Madisyn," she replies. "The entrance is right this way," Corey says leading us down steps and to a door. Once it's opened I could hear low music coming from somewhere. We walk down a hallway that led to a bigger room where there was live music playing and dancing. "Jenna!" I hear my name from a few people. "Hey," I reply as they greet me. They were sitting at a large table. Clayton introduced me to his wife and Kike introduced me to his girlfriend. "Wow, do you clean up nice," Chris Taylor says making me blush. "I was talking to Corey," he says winking at him. Everyone laughs. "You look pretty good too, I guess," he smiles at me. "Mhm," I hide my smile. "So guess who's buying drinks?" Kike says grabbing everyones attention. Justin and him turn and look to the new rookie, Cody, who was sitting at the bar by us. Everyone laughs including Cody. "Yea, I'm buying drinks... for myself," he jokes too. "It's tradition," Justin says and I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. "Whatever, just the first round," Cody rolls his eyes giving in after a moment. Cheers erupt from the guys.