Chapter 2 -

This is an Ouma chapter, hence the straight hyphen.

I had heard about that kid, Saihara, being under my parents safety for a week, and I had to get to know him tonight. I didn't want this at the moment, it had really annoyed me. I sighed and walked out of the gates. Saihara was waiting for me there. He was on the phone.
"Bye Kaede! You won't see me for the rest of the week!" He sighed and hung up. He walked over and shook my hand.
"The names Shuichi Saihara, what about you?" He asked me.
"O-Ouma Kokichi..." I muttered quietly and Saihara stepped closer. "Pardon?"
"Ouma Kokichi." I said louder and he nodded. "Oh no..." I sighed and he looked behind him. Kaito and his bully friends, Hoshi and Teruteru, stood behind Saihara.
"Shit.." I mouthed the words run, to Saihara and he darted Past Kaito. Kaito looked at me and grinned.
"Oi, new kid." I looked at him. He put his leg out to kick me but I dodged it, I ran past and kicked the area behind his knee cap. He fell and I ran after Saihara.

I had lost him. I didn't know where he went. I looked around the town centre for him but still didn't know where he was. I looked behind me and didn't see Kaito anywhere. I looked inside the clothing shop and once again, no one there.
"Might as well give up..." I sighed and went to the library. I saw my Dad's car and over the road, I saw Saihara, with the girl Kaito spoke to in Science. Saihara was leaning against a fence while Kaede is standing there, I couldn't tell what they were talking about but Saihara was blushing. Suddenly they kissed.
"Woah. That was quick." I laughed to myself and got in my dads car.
"Alright son?" He asked and I nodded. "Where's the kid we're looking after?" I point at him. "Ah, he's a lovebird type, I see." My Dad started the car and we parked up next to Saihara and the girl. "Come on lovebirds, I can give you a lift home if you want, girl." She nodded and got in the car seat next to Saihara. I moved through to the front and looked at my dad. I mouthed why and he smiled. He started the car engine and we drove off.

We parked up at the house and I got out with Saihara.
"I'm going to g-give you a tour of the house. Listen carefully." The house was generally a mansion, with 30 rooms. I opened the door and we both stepped in. We walked throughout the house and Saihara was astonished on how big it was. I had left my room to last, and so we stepped into it.
"Who's this?" He asked me. I looked over and saw it was a picture of me and Kiibo, my greatest friend.
"A f-friend..." I looked down.
"What was his name?"
"K-Kiibo. He's... he's dead now..." a tear dropped and Saihara ran to me.
"Woah dude, don't think about that!"
"It only happened recently, like 2 weeks ago. I can't stop thinking about it. I-i could have done something about it and saved him. I wouldn't have cared if I had lost my life... it wasn't worth enough like Kiibo's would. He had a girlfriend, a proper family, cousins, friends, everything. Me, all I had, was just a couple friends, a dad and a distant Mum, who's never home." Saihara looked down and looked at me in the eye.
"Don't say stuff like that, it isn't true. Your life was equal to his, if you never lived you wouldn't have met me." I stood up and looked at the pic again. I itched my arm and my sleeve went up, revealing a cut that I had done. Saihara saw it.
"What was that?!" I starred at him.
"Nothing... it was just a petty cut."
"Y-you have depression, don't you?" I nodded and he sighed.
"Why wouldn't I?! I lost my friend, the one I loved! He died right in front of me!"
"Does the police know how?"
"No. I didn't see what had happened, I only saw the aftermath." Saihara nodded and walked out the door.
"Take me to the death scene." I looked at him, confused. "I'm a detective."