dog sitting||finn

this is for @msmonet0920, i hope this is what you wanted!!! enjoy :)

knock knock knock. ashley heard someone knocking on her door and she knew exactly who it was. her mom's friend and her family were going to LA and ashley's mom had told them that they were able to watch their dog. ashley hadn't seen the friends in a while, but she was glad to adopt a dog for a few days.

she opened the door to reveal a boy her age with curly black hair. he held the dog by a leash and smiled when she opened the door.
     "hey," he said as his dog barked.
     "hi, come in." finn stepped inside the house? guiding in his dog.
     "this is rosie. she needs fresh food and water daily, just leave two bowls out and she eats when she's hungry. she needs to be let out in the morning, afternoon and night. thats about it," he scratched the back of his neck.
     "okay cool, i'll make sure it gets done." ashley smiled.
     "i'll give you my number just in case anything goes wrong," the two swapped phones and inserted their phone numbers.
     "thanks again, bye." he said awkwardly.
     "see ya, have a good trip!" she called after him. ashley sat back down and played with finn's dog.

f: how's rosie?

a: she's fine, don't you worry!
enjoy ur trip

f: thanks, i always feel bad
leaving her

a: what are u doing in LA?

f: filming a movie

finn and ashley texted constantly. he would initiate conversation by asking about rosie, but it always ended up that they spoke of their favorite musicians or something off topic. each time finn left for LA, rosie stayed with ashley. after months of this, the teens became friends. they would hang out when finn was home which brought their mothers closer together.

one day, a whole year since rosie's first visit at ashley's house, finn invited ashley over. she put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt and quickly walked to his home.
     "hi finn!" she smiled, walking into his room.
     "hey," he said back. he looked distraught, like he was thinking really hard.
     "whats wrong?"
     "oh, n-nothin'. im good."
     "well, i'm always here to talk."
     "can i tell you a hypothetical situation? it didn't happen, but i need an answer in case it does."
     "shoot," she nodded.
     "lets say a boy meets a girl. the boy befriends the girl and they are together all the time, their parents are even best friends. what should said boy do if he likes said girl?" he looked to the ground. "this happened to my friend, so..." he added.
     "that sounds an awful like what happened between you and me," ashley noted. "i'd say the boy should ask the girl out, she probably likes him back."
     "you like me back?" he asked, picking his head up.
     "you said this was hypothetical," she winked.
     "ashley," he blushed.
     "finn," she mimicked.
     "would you, um, want to be my girlfriend?"
     "do we get split custody of rosie?"
     "if you say yes, then yes."
     "sure, i'd love to."