Coming Out

Having a child wasn't the easiest experience for Aria and Ezra, but they overcame the odds of infertility and had the most adorable son and daughter ever. They named their girl Jasmyn and raised her to be polite just like her old brother Sam. But as Jasmyn grew up she felt different to her friends and after much thought she knew who she truly was. The only step into really feeling like who she mentally knew she was, was by telling her parents.

Aria and Ezra had been supportive of their kids for years. Jasmyn was 15 and Sam was 18 and they both had similarities in what they did. They both played sports and were very talented at writing just like their parents. They were taught to express who they truly were ever since a young age because Aria and Ezra wanted them to feel comfortable wherever they were. And so they day finally came where Jasmyn wanted to express herself to her parents but she was scared of their reaction to come.

"Mum, I need to tell you and dad something" Jasmyn said, as she sat across the breakfast bar.

"Okay, let me call down dad. Why don't you go and sit in the lounge" Aria replied before calling Ezra down. A few moments later Sam joined the family and Jasmyn could tell them the truth. Ezra sat next to Jasmyn with Aria on his other side and Sam next to Jasmyn.

"So you all know about Josh. But there is something I need to tell you about the relationship" Jasmyn began.

"I like him but I don't think I like him on a certain level..." Jasmyn continued.

"That's fine. You have got your whole life ahead of you. There'll be plenty of other boys." Aria interrupted, trying to comfort her as she could tell Jasmyn was cautious.

"I don't think I'll ever fall in love with a boy." Jasmyn said. Aria smiled.

"I get it. I've been there. But I promise you, when you meet the right one, you'll know." Aria said, before reaching for Ezra's hand.

"What if that's not what I want?" Jasmyn questioned.

"I'm not talking about the insides of marriage. I'm talking about love. And we are happy we are talking like this because you can tell us anything" Aria replied, honestly. Jasmyn took a deep breath and re-adjusted her position before knowing this was it.

"Okay. Then what I'm trying to say...is that...when I think about love...I see myself...someday...loving a woman." Jasmyn stuttered. Silence struck the room and all yo could hear were the breaths being taken by each person.

"Are you okay with this?" Jasmyn added after a moment. Ezra looked at Aria before looking at Jasmyn.

"Of course we are" Ezra said. He pulled her close to him and kissed her head.

"We love you. And want you to be happy." Ezra said, keeping his head on top of hers.

"And you should never be afraid to tell us anything about yourself" Aria added as she moved to sit on her other side.

"Thank you. I have been wanting to tell you for a really long time" Jasmyn whispered.

"We are glad you did" Ezra replied.

"Sam? Are you okay...with this?" Jasmyn asked, lifting her head. He nodded in response.

"Obviously. You're my little sister. I love you no matter who you are with" He replied. She smiled before getting up to hug him.

"But if you ever steal a girl I see first I will destroy you" Sam joked, Jasmyn laughed along with Ezra and Aria.

~~

Hai!

I hope you enjoyed, sorry I havent updated in a while. But I do have a few drafts ready to go for my holiday! I wanted to writing a story like this because one of my closest friends just came out and I wanted to support her and let her know that she shouldn't be ashamed of who she loves.

Thank you for reading!

Charlotte.