Prompt #1

Prompt: A prompt with Leon telling his group about becoming the headmaster of Constance academy or even his perspective of announcing it and the groups' reaction to it

-------------------------------------

                I pushed open the door to Brennan's room, where the others looked up at me. I rubbed at my eyes, hoping they couldn't tell just how exhausted I was.

                "It's hard to get everyone together on short notice," Beckett said impatiently. "This better be good."

                "It is," I said. "Or, at least, I think it is."

                I'd called everyone together after talking with my dad and sister for a while. Brennan lived in the center of all of us, so we'd agreed to meet at his house.

                I knew it was asking a lot. It was the middle of the week and we all had college. But I needed them to hear this, and I wanted them to hear it in person.

                "So, why did the Prince summon us?" Fagan asked.

                "I just got done talking with my dad and my sister," I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

                "And?" Brennan said. "Is that unnatural? I mean, I know your dad's a prick, but you still live with him."

                "Brennan." I let out an exasperated sigh, struggling to grip my patience. "My father came to a decision about the future of Constance Academy."

                "Why should we care?" Fagan said. "We're not students there anymore."

                "We fought to make it better," Tessa said, shooting Fagan a look. "What decision did he come to? Is he going to retire and hand it over to Adam?"

                I shook my head. "No. He's giving it to me."

                They were silent for a moment, waiting for me to say that was just a joke. But I met their eyes, one by one, giving a slight nod.

                "You?" Beckett said in disbelief. "But you're the one he didn't raise to take over."

                "It's not just me. It's Caroline, too. We're going to run it together. My grandparents ran it together before my dad took over," I said. "My dad thinks we can balance each other out. He hasn't told Adam yet."

                I dropped into a chair, the exhaustion creeping up on me. Brennan came and sat next to me, putting his arm around me and pulling me close.

                "Is this what you want?" he asked quietly.

                "It's what I need to do," I said. "I have a chance to make this Academy a better place. He told us we didn't have to take over. He knew Caroline was happy to get away when Adam started working there. But...You guys didn't see the fight that broke out. I need to be there. I need to fix the Academy and make it a safe place."

                "So basically you're never going to sleep again," Fagan said.

                I gave a tired smile. "No, probably not."

                "Sleeping pills," Brennan said, glaring at me. "I'll slip them into your food."

                "When will he tell Adam?" Tessa asked.

                "During the assembly tomorrow." I turned to Beckett. "Beck, can you call Kaz Warrick and invite him to the assembly? I...I think it's important for you guys to be there. This is what you fought for."

                Beckett nodded. "I'll call him and Killian. I'll be there, too."

                "I can't," Tessa said. "I have a test tomorrow, or else I would."

                "I have some assignments due and a quiz," Fagan said. "Count me out. Have fun with your last night of sleep, Prince."

                "I'll be there," Brennan said, taking my hand in his. He grinned a little. "I want a video of your brother's reaction."

                "It's not funny," I said. "Adam was raised his whole life to take over the Academy. He's going to be heartbroken. He's going to hate us. My dad, he didn't tell Adam or my mom what he's doing tomorrow."

                "He's bad for the Academy," Beckett said. "You know it damn well, Leon. I've been there. He's just making it a prison for the Maroons and corrupting the Blues."

                "You're going to make it a safe place where people like us can make out in peace," Brennan said, kissing me. "Gays can sprint freely through the campus and no one has to get arrested for pulling a few schemes on asshole teachers."

                "When I was eleven years old, I watched Blues beat my friends. I had Blues beat me. I was an eleven year old child, and they attacked me because they knew they could get away with it," Beckett said. "My father was their damn teacher and they still came after me. And they did get away with it. It's just gotten worse over the past ten years. You're going to put a stop to that."

                "Caroline can act with the same cunning and power as your dad," Brennan said. "You two will work well together. Good cop, bad cop."

                "The Prince and the Princess, overthrowing the King," Fagan said in amusement. "Constance family drama is the best family drama. Brennan, send me that video of Adam's reaction. Even better, project it on my grave when I die."

                "You'll make it better," Brennan assured me, smiling a little. "You'll make it safe. And I'll make sure you don't collapse in the process. I'll help you, Lee."

                Beckett shook his head. "It took ten years, but we finally did it. We finally changed Constance Academy."

                Tessa smiled a little. "Go call Kaz. I'm sure he'll be excited to hear this news. Congratulations, Leon."

                "Thank you guys," I said sincerely. "None of this would've been possible without you guys. Without Kaz Warrick and his friends. You guys are the ones who finally changed the Academy for good."

                They grinned at each other, even Beckett. Brennan pulled me even closer, kissing me. I couldn't help but smile a little. I was nervous and afraid, but with them by my side, I could do this. I could make Constance Academy a place to be proud of for everyone.