Prompt #9

Prompt: How about one where Adam and his girlfriend have their kid and she cries all the time if they pick her up and even Adam has trouble making her stop but then Leon and Brennan come to meet her and the baby doesn't cry when they are with them

                A.N.- I know you said "she" but in another one of the prompts I said Adam had two sons so I changed it to a boy sorry!

----------------------------------------------

                Adam Constance had never been so tired in his life.

                "He's crying again," his wife, Hayley, said. She had just closed her eyes, curled on the couch with Adam.

                "I'll get him this time," Adam said, standing up. Their son was a newborn, just a few days old. But he'd constantly been crying, no matter what they did to calm him.

                Adam went upstairs and opened the door to the baby's room. In his crib, the baby was letting out his piercing cries.

                "Timmy, it's okay," Adam said, lifting the baby into his arms. He'd sworn to himself years ago he'd never honor his dad when he had kids, but he couldn't help himself. He'd given his son George's middle name. George might've stolen away Adam's hard earned right to the Academy, but Adam still held a begrudging respect for his father.

                The doorbell rang downstairs and Adam took a deep breath to keep his patience. He'd forgotten that Leon and Brennan were coming to visit. They'd met Timmy in the hospital, but Adam had invited his younger brother to come spend time with his nephew.

                Adam went downstairs, where Hayley was sitting with Leon and Brennan. Brennan made a face at the wailing baby.

                "Quite the alarm clock," he said.

                "He's a newborn," Adam said, rocking Timmy in his arms. "Babies cry."

                "He cries a little too much," Hayley said, sounding as exhausted as Adam felt. "My brother's daughters never cried this much."

                "You look so tired," Leon said in concern, and Brennan shot him a look that said he wanted to smack Leon. "You should let someone watch Timmy for a few hours so you can sleep."

                "I can watch my own son," Adam said. Adam had been seven when Leon was born, and he could remember his dad managing to juggle work, two young children, and a newborn without complaining. He could even remember George letting Leon sleep on his chest while he laid on the couch reading reports. If George could do it, so could Adam.

                Adam bounced a little with Timmy, trying to comfort him. But the baby kept crying, and Adam was just grateful he'd been raised his whole life to be patient.

                Adam shifted Timmy into one arm and knelt down, pulling out the baby seat they'd bought for him. He settled Timmy into it and sat next to him on the floor, gently rocking it back and forth.

                "So...he just cries? All the time?" Brennan said.

                "He's only a baby," Adam said, shooting Brennan a cold look. "Yes, he cries all the time."

                "I'd cry all the time too if you were my dad," Brennan grumbled.

                "Does he need something right now?" Leon asked, elbowing Brennan in the stomach.