Prompt #6

Prompt: Can we see something about the way headmaster Constance trained little kid Adam to take over the Academy?

                A.N.- I love doing Constance family prompts guys keep sending them my way (Also I'm sorry I know this said little kid Adam but I kind of did a quick flash through of Adam's childhood until he was a senior whoops)

--------------------------------------------

                "Adam! Adam!"

                Adam looked over as Leon waddled his way over. Leon held up his stuffed Simba, grabbing at Adam's leg so he didn't fall over.

                "Play! Adam play!" Leon said, shaking the lion in Adam's face.

                Adam pushed it away. "Stop it, Leon. I'm studying."

                Leon frowned. "No play?"

                "No," Adam said, shaking his head. "I have to study. You should go find dad. He'll teach you your letters."

                "Dad is right here," George Constance said, coming into the room and lifting Leon into his arms. Leon immediately curled against his dad's chest and beamed a smile up at Constance. He held up his stuffed Simba again.

                "Play, daddy?" Leon said.

                "Go find mom," George said, setting Leon down and giving him a light shove towards the kitchen. "She'll play with you."

                Leon smiled triumphantly and took off for the kitchen. Adam looked from his work to the window, and back to his dad.

                "Can I go play outside for a little, dad?" he said.

                "No," George said. "Leon is two. You're not two, Adam. You don't need to play. If you finish this assignment before dinner, you can do your next one outside."

                Adam dropped his gaze and squirmed a little. "Just for a half hour?"

                "Don't squirm like that, Adam." Constance waited until Adam met his gaze. "Someday you'll take over Constance Academy, and you'll be busy with work. I don't get to go play whenever I want to."

                Adam nodded, forcing away his disappointment. "Okay, dad."

                "Finish that assignment. You and Caroline can do the last of your work outside together," Constance said and left the room.

                Adam got up and closed the blinds so he couldn't see outside anymore. He didn't have the control his dad did. The outside was still too tempting.

                Adam sat back down and picked up his pencil, looking at his work. A few rays of sunlight were creeping in through the blinds and Adam swallowed down his disappointment as he buried himself in his work again.

                                                                                                ***

                "Clean up," Constance said, looking at the dinner table.

                Leon gathered the dirty dishes and Adam readied himself at the sink, Caroline next to him. As Leon handed Adam the dishes, Adam washed them and passed them along to Caroline, who dried them and put them away. When the three had cleaned the table, Adam started heading out of the room.